Suspicions and Issues

Turning the page on the book in front of me, I look it over for some sign of something that would help. Faith sits beside me at the dojo's main table, flipping through books about spells and mind control.

I'd rather be focused on something else.

My eyes drift up to the table next to us where my sister and Willow are sitting with a couple other slayers with their heads in books.

Something like what they're focused on. Willow and Buffy are focused on who might be doing this, instead of what they used like me and Faith and the girls sitting at our table. Apparently the running theory with just about everyone is that whatever's happening to Faith is somehow the demon's fault. That the demon somehow infected Faith, either on purpose or because whoever was controlling the demon did something to it, so they're working on figuring out whatever might've done it.

For a second I glance down at the book in front of me to make it look like I'm actually looking through the book I've been breezing through for the past 20 minutes or so.

Course, I have a different theory. Not that I shared it with everyone else.

Eventually, I look up in the direction of the other set of girls researching anything else that might want to hurt a slayer, staring at one in particular.

Candy...

Before the bitch with one good arm can catch me, I look down at my book again and flip the page.

This would be the perfect thing for her to do. She wasn't exactly happy about the me rejecting her thing. If she wanted to get back at me, and at Faith, doing something to Faith would be the best thing to do. Candy got hurt... and she wants to hurt me back by hurting what I love the most. It's what I would do.

I just don't know what would happen if I went over there and accused her of doing what I know she did. What if she already planned for that? What if she knows that she's the first person I'd accuse of doing something like this and already knows how she's gonna make it seem like it's not her? And...

She combs some of her hair back behind her ear and I look up at her for a second, before looking over at Faith.

What if she started talking about... other things?

With a deep breath, I tear my eyes away from Faith to pretend to look over the open page of my book.

I don't want Faith to hear about what I did while she was in that coma. None of that matters anymore. It's over. Faith and I are in a really good place right now, and I don't want anything to get in the way of that. If I'm right, Candy's already trying to get in the way of us, and if she gets a chance to get in the way of us even more, she might just take it. I don't want that to happen.

There has to be a way we can break whatever spell Candy put Faith under. I can't let her get away with doing this to the woman I love. We'll figure out what she did and we'll stop it, or reverse it, or whatever we have to do to make it right. Candy won't get away with trying to break up me and Faith just so she can sweep in and get in my pants. I'd never let that happen. She took advantage of me once, it won't ever happen again. I won't let her get close enough to touch me, let alone anything else.

I sit back in my chair, away from the table, letting out a deep sigh.

I don't care if she is a slayer, I'll knock her the hell out if she tries to touch me.

Buffy gets overly concerned over nothing.

"You okay Dawnie?"

Does me sighing really have to be something she's concerned about?