Spot Conlon ~ Fight (H.S. AU)

I sighed. Spot got into a fight. And it was only the first day of school, in first period. How does that freaking happen?! It's first period, for goodness' sake! And the first day of school, too!

"How. Is this. Even. POSSIBLE?!" I said slowly at Spot. 

Flashback:

Spot and I had walked into first period together, and the first thing Spot did was see another kid and glare at him. His "rival" according to Spot. But you just saw him as another jerk. Another jerk who made your life a little more annoying than it should have been. And this jerk was known as Joseph Grey.

As far as I knew, Spot and Joseph had been enemies since they met each other, which went a long way back: preschool. Apparently, Joseph did something to Spot--I didn't ask what; I never had to--and Spot hated him ever since.

"Hey, Conlon." Joseph taunted, smirking. Everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to watch. "Ya got a new girl?"

Spot clenched his fists and blew air out of his nose, attempting to ignore him.

"Is she a whore like ya last girl?" Joseph called out again.

That was the last straw. Spot pulled his hand out of my grasp and flew at Joseph. He punched Joseph in the nose, and I slightly smiled at the sight of a bloody nose. He really deserved it, you know? He had been teasing me the past week. (But Spot didn't need to know that.)

"Nobody." he hissed. "Nobody. Calls my girl a whore." Spot raised his fist and punched Joseph again and again.

When Joseph was a bloody mess and it seemed like Spot wouldn't stop, I groaned. My boyfriend may be great, but he doesn't exactly do the right thing at times. I went up to them and held Spot's raised fist, restraining him from punching Joseph. I put my hand on the small of his back, which was the spot that sent chills down his back and made him stop whatever he was doing, and he lowered his fist.

I sent a hard glare at Joseph. "Go home and get washed up." I told him coldly. "I'll take care of your absence."

Joseph just quickly got up and ran out of the room. I turned Spot to face me, my eyes softening a bit.

"You need to stop getting into fights." I told him kindly, tugging him to his seat. "Come on." I sat him down, then sat down in the seat next to him. "We can talk later." I said, then saw his expression. "Or never. Yeah, we won't talk about this."

~~~~~~~~~

At lunch, Spot got into another squabble, yet again. I groaned and put my head on the table. My friend sat next to me, soothingly rubbing my back. Her boyfriend sat across the table from us, intently watching the quarrel.

"That kid never learns, does he?" I said, but it was more of a statement than a question.

But my friend answered anyway. "He may be hard-headed and stubborn, but he is a sweet guy. I mean, that was the reason you got with him in the first place."

I groaned again. "Thanks, Zoe."

"No problem!" she replied cheerfully as I raised my head again. Spot was still at it, and something bad was going to happen if someone didn't intervene. I sighed. It seemed like every fight Spot got into, you had to be there and stop him before he went too far. 

"Uh, (Y/N)? You might wanna stop Spot from beating the other kid up." my friend's boyfriend said. Sighing, I got up and walked over to them.

"What's the problem here?" I asked, putting on a fake smile and wrapping one of my arms around Spot's waist.

"This nitwit here doesn't know how to watch the road." Spot said angrily.

I sighed. "Look." I started, glancing at the boy. I saw he held a book. "Just because he has his nose in a book does not mean you can randomly stir up trouble. I always have my nose in a book and you don't complain. Okay?"

Spot opened his mouth to object, but I raised my eyebrow and he closed his mouth in defeat. "Okay."

I smiled warmly at the other kid. "Sorry about that."

The boy nodded back, then walked away. Spot and I walked back over to my friend and sat down in our respective seats. Spot slumped in his chair, looking downcast. He put his head in his hands, grumbling to himself.

"Hey, Spot." I said. He looked up.

"Wanna come over tonight?" I asked him. 

His eyes lit up and he smiled. "Sure."

~~~~~~~~~

We sat on the couch, watching Age of Ultron (because it's one of the best Avengers movies) when we should have been doing homework.

"Hey, Spot?" I asked, getting Spot's attention.

"Hmm?"

"Do you want to tell me why you got into a fight--or two--on the first day of school?"

Spot sadly shook his head. I sighed, then snuggled closer to Spot. "You need to stop getting into fights." I told him simply. "I might not always be there for you."

He sighed. "I know. I don't know what I would do without you."

I laughed. "You'd be a mess without me."

"HEY!"