Cameron Dallas ~ Wanna Bet?

I pivoted on my right foot, dribbling the ball, and shooting it. The ball fell through the hoop and I quickly ran forward and shot it again. Another shot made. Again and again, I shot the ball. And again and again, they kept going through the hoop.

"Nice shot you got there." a voice said from behind me.

I shot the ball again, and turned around to face the speaker. The hoop was now behind me, and I heard the ball go "swish". I heard it fall to the ground and bounce closer and closer to me. I caught it without looking, and put it under an arm.

The person who spoke was my neighbor from down the street--and someone I didn't like very much, considering how he brought home a girl every night--Cameron Dallas. Ladies man, and...resident jerk of 314 Dogwood Avenue.

"Why ya tellin' me? Jealous of my skill, Dallas?" I taunted. "Tell that to the girl you're going to bring home tonight, when you're teaching her whatever it is that you're going to do."

I turned around and shot the ball again, and again, it went through the hoop.

"Why do you hate me so much?" Cameron asked me. "Is it because you like me? Or because you're jealous of the girls I bring home every other night?"

I almost faltered. Key word: ALMOST. I thought the kid had left. The ball still went through the hoop. I spun around and faced Cameron again.

"Why would I be jealous?" I replied. "I just so happen to go on dates with boys that don't bring home girls every other night. I swear, I will do something to you in your sleep if you don't leave now." This kid had better leave before I whipped out a blue plastic hairbrush and chucked it at him.

Cameron looked genuinely hurt by my comment, but I had done this so many times. You'd think he'd get over it by now.

"Look. I don't know what it was that I did--" Cameron began.

"Maybe it's the fact that you moved here? My life was great before you had to have parties every other night, bring home girls almost every night, and generally be annoying every. Single. Freaking. Second. Of every. Single. Freaking. Day." I said, stressing every word.

"Okay, I do admit that I'm a little annoying--"

"A little?!"

"Okay, fine. A lot annoying. I can be really annoying at times, but that's just because I wanted to get your attention."

I froze, but kept my expression blank. He liked me. Okay..........

"And to be honest, I liked--no, scratch that. I've loved you ever since the day we moved in a few years ago. I know it sounds cheesy, but hey. I was a love-sick 14-year-old who was going through puberty. And all I've ever wanted to do--and known I've wanted to do--ever since I laid my eyes on you was to take you on a date and get a kiss from you."

I let out a shaky breath. "I'm not going out on a date with you though. That was completely honest and sweet, but I'm not going on a date with you anytime soon."

"Come on, (Y/N)!" Cameron whined. "It's been 3 years! 3 long years of waiting! And you're still not going to give me a chance?!"

I shook my head and took another shot. Swish.

"Hey, how about we bet on it?"

I spun around for the third time. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me. We play a game of something to determine if I get to take you on a date and get a kiss from you or not."

I shook my head. "Even if you won, you still won't get a kiss--or anything, for that matter--from me."

"Come on. Please?"

Cameron's eyes looked so sad and pleading, but they had a hint of mischief in them. I was tempted to say no, but I was bored and I had nothing better to do.

"Fine." I groaned, tossing the ball to Cameron. "Horse?"

"Sure." he replied, then shot the ball. Swish.

I mentally cursed. I forgot how he was extremely competitive. Fine then. Be that way. I'll just have to up my game.

I caught the ball and shot it. Swish.

We went back and forth, until I got the 'H'. I'm pretty sure Cameron was doing his happy dance in his head.

Then Cameron ended up getting his 'H' on his next turn, and eventually, we both ended up at 'H-O-R-S'. One final letter to determine who won.

Cam had just shot the ball flawlessly. I stepped up, and was about to shoot the ball when Cameron stood behind me and blew on my neck as I shot the ball. The ball went extremely close to falling in, but circled the rim and fell outwards, never falling through the hoop.

I spun around to face Cameron, who was much closer than I had anticipated, and ended up bumping into his chest. But before I could step away, he pulled me closer and put his lips on mine.

I tried pulling away, but he held me tightly. And honestly, the kiss wasn't bad. (Don't tell him I said that.) I actually......enjoyed it.

He pulled away a few seconds after, red-faced and slightly smirking.

"You liked it." he pointed out.

"So what if I did?"

"Will you go on a date with me then?"

I sighed. "You're not going to stop asking, will you." I stated more than asked.

Cameron nodded, and I sighed again.

"Fine. I'll go on a date with you."

Cameron's eyes widened. "Really? You'll go? You'll really go?"

I rolled my eyes, letting a small smile grow on my face. "Yes, you doofus. Meet me at my house on Friday at 7:30. Don't be late, and don't wear a tux or anything nice."

"YESSS!" Cameron shouted, fist-pumping the air. "I GOT A DATE WITH THE PRETTIEST GIRL IN EXISTENCE! WOO!"

I laughed at Cameron's antics. Maybe I wasn't going to regret this decision after all.