Ben Cook ~ Dreams (The Sequel)

Requested by BeckyMerari1808

~~~

Today was Ben and my 4 year anniversary, and I didn't feel like doing anything. I just laid in bed, relishing the fact that I could take it easier today. Our twins, Layla and Marie, (both 4 now) were sent to Josh for a day of fun. I didn't know what they had planned, but as long as they were kept busy, it was fine.

"Katie, wake up." Ben's voice whispered as he poked me. I guess he woke up early to let Josh, DeMarius, and Kaitlyn in to pick up our twins.

"No. I'm not waking up at this ungodly hour. I need my sleep." I retorted.

"Katie, it's almost noon." 

I sighed. "Fine."

I got out of bed, and went to the kitchen for food. Ben came up behind me and hugged me. He rested his head in the crook of my neck, as I waited for my coffee to settle. 

"How are the girls?" I asked Ben as I picked up my mug and sat on the couch. Ben reluctantly let go of me and followed me to the couch.

"Josh texted me saying that they went to the library because 'Layla and Marie love to read and insisted on going.' Then they got lunch, went to the park, went to Schmackary's for a recharge, and should be back after making a stop at Josh's place. They said they'd hold onto--

"Hold up. Stephanie and Dan told me that they planned an anniversary party for us at 6:30 at Stephanie's apartment tonight, and that's when Layla and Marie would be seeing us again. So Josh and DeMarius would keep Layla and Marie for the rest of the day, until we go home after the party." Ben explained.

I nodded, finishing my coffee and putting my mug into the sink. "Sounds great. How about we head out for lunch, and get ready for the party after?"

Ben smiled. "Be ready in an hour."

~~~

We went to Panera for lunch, finishing our lunches quickly. Actually, the whole afternoon seemed to pass by really quickly. Before I knew it, Ben and I were at Stephanie's apartment. As soon as the door opened, everyone cheered, and a large smile found its way onto my face. I guess they'd been waiting for us. I could see the most, if not all of the Toursies were there.

Layla and Marie came running up to me and Ben. "Mom! Dad!" they giggled. Ben swept them up in his arms, making them squeal with happiness. 

"Happy anniservary!" they said, handing us their cards and a flower. 

"Uncle Josh helped us buy the flower. Auntie Stephanie helped us make the cards when Uncle Josh took us here." Marie explained with a smile.

"Did they now?" I said with fake surprise. I looked at Josh and Stephanie and gave them a thankful smile. "Well, they did a great job, didn't they?"

"Mmhmm." Layla agreed, yawning.

"Layla! Don't sleep now! We haven't eaten cake yet!" her twin scolded her, shaking her gently.

The room erupted in laughter and someone turned on some music. A few moments later, the party was in full swing and everyone was having a good time. And Layla managed to stay awake, courtesy of her sister shaking her every so often until the cake was served. After that, the both of them were bouncing off the walls and generally causing an adorable ruckus.

"All right, I think it's time for you to sleep." I told them gently as I took their small hands in mine. 

"But we have a surprise for you!" Layla exclaimed. "We have to show you and Daddy the surprise!"

I raised my eyebrow in shock. " A surprise for us?"

"Yeah!" Marie agreed. "She grabbed my hand and sat me down on the couch, then did the same to Ben. Then she went over to her twin and dragged her over to Ben and I. Then they began to sing.

Dear mom and dad...
You have no idea about

How happy I feel today

As I see you both together

I join my hands and pray

May no sorrow touch you

May no pain come near

May your life be a breeze

Full of happiness and cheer

Happy anniversary!

As they finished singing, everyone let out a cheer and Layla and Marie beamed. Happy tears sprung up in my eyes, and I hugged my daughters. Ben came over and wrapped his arms around the three of us.

"That was so sweet of you two." I remarked in between sobs. "That was one of the best gifts we could ever hope for!"

"Well, I beg to differ." Ben interjected. "I've got three gifts that are the best things I could ever hope for: you, and our girls."

"Uncle Chaz and Uncle Iain and Auntie Morgan and Auntie Meredith and--" Layla began, but Marie stopped her.

"Everyone helped us make the song." she simplified, causing laughter to erupt.

"Well, it was a very beautiful song." Ben said.

~~~

That night, Layla and Marie jumped into bed with Ben and I. They snuggled between us under the covers, and Ben smiled at me over their heads. Those poor girls had been up all night, way past their bedtime. As soon as they laid down, they were out like lights and I could hear faint snoring.

"My three gifts. The gifts that I'm most thankful for. I love you." Ben said to me as I was about to fall asleep.

"I love you, too, Ben." I replied with a sleepy smile.

I closed my eyes and felt Ben lean over the girls so that he could give me a kiss. He pressed a kiss onto my forehead and said, "Goodnight, Katie."

"Goodnight, Ben."

A double update today! Some of you may have been sleeping when you got the notification, but eh, two new chapters to read. 

Hope you enjoyed! Tell me if anything needs to be changed! :)