Spot Conlon ~ Christmas Doll (Discontinued)

EDIT AND DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A DISCONTINUED IMAGINE AND IS UP FOR ADOPTION. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO FINISH THIS YOURSELF, PM ME AND I'LL TELL YOU ALL THE DETAILS.

~~~

Based off of The Nutcracker, but with a modern-ish kind of twist in the beginning, and I twisted the Newsies (movie) and The Nutcracker plots together to fit. Reader has a younger brother.

(B/N) - brother's name

~~~

Christmas was one of my favorite holidays. And not because of the presents, no no.

No, it definitely wasn't the presents.

Rather, it was because of the cold. I got to stay inside and drink my favorite winter drink while curling up by the fire and not get yelled at for being lazy. Besides, who wouldn't want to stay inside and read a good book? Or watch a movie? (*cough* 1992 Newsies *cough*)

I sighed as I tried finding the right thing to wear to the Christmas party that my parents always threw each year for my family and extended family. It was a fun time to talk to--and sometimes get roasted by--family and to catch up with them. Especially with my favorite uncle.

He was always the first guest at the party (he always came around 5 hours early), partly so he could sneak some of the food off the food line, and partly because he wanted to give me and my younger brother our gifts before anyone else (and before the non-verbally unanimously designated presents time).

"Uncle (name)!" my brother called, running up to him as soon as he set foot in our house.

Our uncle laughed as he picked up my brother, spinning him around. "You've grown so much! Next thing you know, you'll be as tall as me!"

I walked to my uncle instead, helping him take off his jacket and hang it up. I gave him a hug, wondering what presents our uncle got us this year.

"Ah, (Y/N). You too have gotten as tall as me. I'll be shorter than you before you know it!" he joked.

"Merry Christmas, Uncle." I responded.

"Merry Christmas." he agreed, rubbing his hands together. "Now, where is that food?"

He went off to the kitchen, in search of the meals that my mom had cooked so far. A couple of my aunts and uncles would bring in the rest of the food when they came.

~~~

"(Y/N)! (B/N)! Come see what I've gotten you!" our uncle called after he sampled everything that was in the kitchen.

My brother and I hurried out from our rooms, almost running into the table by the corner. We stopped eagerly in front of our uncle, who had his arms behind his back. He brought them around, revealing a pack of drawing pens and a Newsie Funko Pop in one hand, and a set of vintage baseball trading cards that I think used to belong to our uncle himself.

"Merry Christmas, my children." our uncle said kindly as he handed us our gifts.

I took a closer look at the Funko figurine, and realized that it was my favorite newsie: Spot Conlon. The red suspenders, newsie cap, pimp cane, and even the key necklace were all there. There was even a slingshot in his pocket. His usual plaid shirt and brown pants completed the set. A smile grew on my face, and I hugged my uncle in thanks.

"How'd you find something so great?" I asked him. "I don't think they came out with one of these yet!"

My uncle smiled at me, a mischievous gleam in his eye. "I have my ways."