Henry Turner ~ I Don't Fall In Love (Part 2)

I might also not write a part 2 for the Peter Pevensie ~ Never Grow Up chapter. I really haven't decided yet. Comment if you would like for me to continue that one-shot or not. Thanks!

Over the passing days, Henry seemed to grow more and more trying with his attempts to get me to go out with him. He would always find a way to bump into me or just plain find a way to see me. It was getting to the point where I would have to come up with some excuse just to get away from him. His efforts to make me like him were endearing, but they were getting annoying. The stubborn boy just wouldn't listen.

"If you could just give me a chance, (Y/N)--" Henry said again for the 974th time--yes, I counted--in the past 2 days.

"Chances, schmances!" I jeered, stopping in my tracks and turning around to face the boy. "I fell in love once, and I learned my lesson! I won't have it happen again!"

Henry sighed, then took a deep breath. "What makes me the same?" he asked softly. I didn't answer. "What makes me, just like that one man you fell in love with before?"

Again, I stayed silent. I didn't know what made him the same as Jackson. Instead, I turned back around and started walking again.

"I've told you many times, and I'll continue to say it: I don't fall in love." I stated bluntly.

~~~

Later that night, I was curled up with a good book to read when a knock on the door was heard. I sighed, having to put off my reading until the person left, but I didn't get up. Again, a knock was heard, and I glared at my book, not really reading the words in my anger. A knock was heard a third time, this time sounding rushed and urgent, and I finally got up and answered the door.

In front of me stood none other than Henry Turner himself, sheepishly smiling and slightly blushing. I made to close the door, but he stuck his foot in between the door and the wall so that it remained ajar. 

"Before you say anything, (Y/N), just listen to what I was going to say." Henry pleaded, pushing the door open. I didn't stop him.

"Ever since I came into town and asked for your help to go on a quest to save my father, I fell in love with you. The way you weren't afraid of anything, the way you spoke to Jack like he was your brother and not your captain, the way you fought with a carefree expression, the way you didn't give a damn about anything, the list could go on." Henry said.

"Well, I'm very flattered, but--"

"But you didn't let me finish. My point is, I've loved you for as long as I can remember. I've loved you because you always put a smile on my face. Because you made me happy. Because you were always there for anybody who needed a hand or somebody to listen and talk to. Yes, Carina also came along, and yes, she was pretty--"

"So why don't you go to her?" I interrupted him again.

"If you would just let me finish...." he grumbled. But he had a smile on his face instead of a frown. 

I threw my hands up in a stop-don't-do-anything kind of way. "Okay, okay. Go on."

"I didn't go to her because....well, because I don't love her as much as I do you." he stated simply. "And I'd like to, you know....but we're not quite there yet--we aren't even together."

I said nothing, just stared ahead. Henry looked despondent at my silence. I felt sorry for him in a way; the poor boy hadn't even had his father around for most of his childhood. 

"So please, if you care, even just a little....would you go on a date with me?"

I smiled a little. "All right, I'll go with you."

Henry's face brightened and his eyes held so much happiness, I didn't have the heart to make him sadder. 

Maybe I should have accepted him sooner to see him this happy.
Maybe I should have fallen in love sooner.
Maybe I wasn't getting myself into something as bad as I thought it would be.