Ben Cook ~ Shoo

Requested by hellothereall

You and Ben are about the same age in this one, around 17-18. He goes to a different school.

(Y/W/E) - Your worst enemy

~~~

I was laughing and talking with family and friends like everybody else around me. Many pictures were taken with me and my friends, me and my family, etc. I felt like my face was about to fall off from all of that smiling. Graduation was amazing, don't get me wrong, but SO. MANY. PICTURES.

My boyfriend, Ben, said he'd be coming to celebrate with me since his graduation was a few days prior and he had some free time. I eagerly waited for him as I chatted with some friends. I kept a wary eye out for (Y/W/E) and her group of friends, who were chatting nearby. They were the rich kids that thought they owned everything and could get anything they wanted. 

I was so absorbed in talking and watching out for (Y/W/E) that I didn't notice Ben's car pulling up and parking. But I did notice him hugging me from behind. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close and resting his head on my shoulder, his breath tickling my neck.

"Congratulations, Liz!" he exclaimed.

I squealed in surprise, catching the attention of (Y/W/E). She looked over Ben, seeing if he was for the taking. And I didn't like the expression she had on her face. I'd much rather have her glare at me than stare at Ben.

"Jeez, you didn't have to break my eardrums!" he said, laughing.

I hugged him again just as (Y/W/E) came over. She leaned against the table next to us--and conveniently in between Ben and I, I might add--smiling (in my opinion, evilly smiling. I'd know that smirk anywhere.) at Ben. He smiled back, but I could tell in his eyes that he wasn't comfortable with her. But hey, I mean that literally and figuratively. She was much too close for anybody's liking.

"So, who's the boy?" she asked, leaning closer to Ben. I almost laughed; the closer she leaned to him, the further away he leaned from her.

"Ben." he replied a bit uncomfortably. "I--"

"Such a handsome name. It fits you." she interrupted. "I'm (Y/W/E)."

"Thanks...?" he trailed. "Nice to meet you."

(Y/W/E) looked slightly hurt at how he didn't add comments or complimented her. I scoffed. Those kids never learn, do they? News flash: Just because you're popular and pretty, doesn't mean the world revolves around you. (That Lizzza vine, amirite?)

"Yeah, yeah, skip all of that crap. Why don't you ditch her"--she gestured at me--"and come with me? Hang out with the cool kids, have some fun. Hmmm? What do you say?"

"I think I'll pass." he said slowly. "Besides, why would I want to hang out with you guys? You do realize that makeup won't fix your flaws?" (Y/W/E) scowled at him. "Now if you please.....shoo." Ben finished.

I tried stifling my laughter, but that didn't work. It was just too funny. Ben reached his arm out and pulled me into him, hugging me tightly again as (Y/W/E) huffed and stormed away.

He kissed the side of my head. "Congratulations, Elizabeth. I'm so proud of you!"

Late and short, but I did it! I spent many days trying to get through writer's block and get this as good as I can get it. 

Hope you enjoyed the surprise plot! Tell me if there's anything that needs changing! :)