Will Poulter ~ Always There

"See ya, Will!" I called behind me as I left my friend Will's house. I made plans to meet my boyfriend, Jack, and I don't even know why I agreed to date him in the first place. He was such a terrible boyfriend. And I don't know how I didn't see this when I first started dating him.

"See ya!" he called back with a forced smile.

~~~

"Hey, Jack." I called as he opened his door.

"Hey, (Y/N)." he replied like he was hiding something. Probably was too, the scumbag.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Look, (Y/N), you're a great person. But I don't think it's gonna work out between us." he said.

"You're breaking up with me?" I asked, disbelieving at first, but then sad because I had been dating him for about 6 months now. "You know what? That's fine." I replied, walking out and back to my car.

"(Y/N)! Wait!" Jack called after me. I ignored him. "I like you still, but it won't work between us!"

"Save your breath, coward." I muttered. And I drove away, leaving him for good.

I automatically drove to the one place that I would always go to when I needed to let some steam out: Will's house.

When Will opened the door after I knocked, he immediately pulled me into a hug, seeing my despondent face. He rubbed circles into my back, which soothed me, interestingly, and I let my tears fall. We stood there in the doorway, not giving a single care to anybody passing by who thought we were weird.

When I had cried all of my tears out and stained Will's nice shirt, I pulled away, but Will held me in place. He wiped my tears away, and looked me in the eye.

"This may be a bit soon, but I've always loved you. From the moment you moved in across the street, I thought, 'That's the girl I'm gonna marry.' And that may or may not be true at the moment. But every time I saw you with Jack, my heart ached. I felt angry. Depressed, even.

"But I pushed aside my feelings to see you happy. I can't tell you how hard it was to give Jack a good sock in the jaw on the spot. If it meant that I had to see you get married to Jack, I would push my feelings aside for you to be happy. There was no time of any day where I would not think of you."

I stood there in Will's arms, frozen and shocked. It was just like my eyes were opened to a new sight. Looking back, I saw that Will was always there for me.

He was always there when I needed someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on. He was always there when Jack was too drunk to drive me home (yeah, he had a friend always drive him home. I still don't regret leaving him at the bar for his friends to pick him up.) He was always there when I needed some extra supplies. He was always there when I was at my worst. He put up with it all. Especially with me going out with Jack.

I started crying again, but this time they were tears of guilt. Those 6 months I spent with Jack, I could've spent and been happy with Will. I could've spent 6 more happy months with Will. I buried my face in his chest, crying my eyes out. Will only hugged me tighter, his steady heartbeat soon calming me down.

As I stood there with Will, my crying soon reduced to hiccups, and Will wiped my tears away again. He opened his mouth to speak, but I cut him off with a kiss. He seemed to melt into it, putting all his emotion into it. 

"I'm sorry, Will. I'm sorry that you had to suffer through all of that." I apologized.

Will shook his head and pulled me close. "It's not your fault. It was never your fault."

A comfortable silence fell upon us, and we stood there, hugging each other. 

I'm here now, Will. Just like how you were always there for me when I needed you.

That was kinda short.

Shorter than I expected.

Or maybe I'm just used to writing 1000-1500 word one-shots....