Ben Cook ~ I Hate Getting Sick...

Requested by eday0426

~~~

I woke up feeling terrible. Sinus congestion, cough, headache; I could feel a cold coming on. But I hated getting sick. I had the most amazing job, working part time at a library and at Schmackary's. I would work at Schmackary's first, then grab a cookie or a drink before heading to the library for my shift.

I violently coughed, and Ben stirred awake. "You sound very sick." he said sleepily.

"You wake up and that's the first thing you say to your girlfriend?" I ask jokingly. 

Ben smiles. "Fine. Good morning, Emily. You sound very sick."

I laughed. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

As if on cue, I dissolved into a coughing fit. My throat burned and felt scratchy. 

"Owww...." I mumbled. Ben looked half concerned, half I-told-you-so. "Oh, zip it."

I went to the kitchen and made some honey tea for my throat. As I was waiting for the water to boil, I stood by the window and looked outside. Ben came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, blowing softly on my neck and making me giggle softly.

"You're not going to work today." he said matter-of-factly.

I sighed. "But I always get you a treat from Schmackary's!" I protested weakly. "And Marietta! She's new at Schmackary's! Oh, and the little kids at the library!"

"Well, first of all, calm down."

"I'm completely calm!" I told him. "Also, don't you have Mean Girls to do?" I grumbled impatiently. 

Ben chuckled. "Not today. I'm going to stay with you today."

"But Mean Girls--"

"Never mind Mean Girls." Ben interrupted me. "They'll just use a swing."

Ben spun me around so I was facing him. "And second, I'll get you a treat this time."

~~~

Ben called in, telling his directors that he couldn't make it today. Ten minutes later, he came back with another cup of steaming tea.

He sat down next to me on the couch, and I snuggled into his side. He wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer, pressing a kiss on the top of my head. Ben got up a few minutes later, and he came back with a book. My favorite book, to be exact.

"Ooohhh I needed that. Thank you." I said, taking the book from Ben. 

Ben pulled me close again, and read along with me, his hand absentmindedly stroking my hair.

As the time passed, I had ended up from leaning against Ben to sitting upright on the couch. Ben had gone from sitting upright to leaning on me, and me absentmindedly stroking his curly hair.

"I could do this for as long as possible." Ben said.

"Mmmmhmm." I mumbled. "I would too." I replied as I leaned down to kiss his forehead.

Short, I know. But finals have been stressing me out, and writer's block decided to be a pain and come right when I needed to write. Good news is, writer's block isn't as bad as it was a few days ago, and finals ended today. So maybe more writing will come, idk.

Hope you enjoyed!