Haz Osterfield ~ Why Are You Like This?

I slipped on my summer dress, forgetting the fastening (it was a string tied across my back) was one of the most difficult ones to deal with. "Haz! I need your help!" Harrison came bounding into my room two seconds later. I looked at him expectantly, and he hurried to tie the knot. I felt his breath on my back, tickling it and sending shivers down my spine. "Thank you." 

He gave a small nod in reply.  

I searched through my closet for the right pair of shoes, wondering why I owned so many things that I didn't use. 

"Wait, who did you say you were going out with?" Harrison asked me as I found my flats and put them on. 

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't, but someone named Jeremy. You don't know him."

"And I really wish you weren't going." he muttered, looking down at his feet. "I'll be all lonely."

I chuckled. "You'll be fine for a few hours, okay? Try not to do anything stupid." He gave me the puppy eyes. "Oh, heck no. Don't you dare."

He pouted and hugged me tightly. "Come back safe, darling."

I smiled and pulled away from the hug, despite how I felt right now. I was going to be late. "Why are you like this?"

"Because I like you." Harrison muttered.

"Wha--?" I began, before being cut off by Harrison kissing me.

I was extremely shocked. Harrison, liking me? I mean, Paddy and Sam mentioned it to me once or twice, but I didn't think too much of it. Especially since Harrison acted more like a brother around me.

Wait.

Oh my god, why am I so oblivious?

When we pulled away, Harrison blushed furiously and stepped back a few steps, and looked as if he was about to jump out the window if I gave him a heartbreaking reaction.

"I'm sorry." he said quietly.

I smiled warmly, pulling him back to me. "I'll have to tell my date that we won't be going out at all."

Harrison's uncertain expression disappeared and was replaced with a gleeful smile. "And I'll get you all to myself."

Pretty short.