Enjolras ~ Run Away With Me

Requested by AbbyReads03

Trying something new and writing a requested imagine in the second person using the requester's name. (That sounded a little confusing lmao.)
College AU. I tweaked the request a little, hope that's okay.
 Hope you enjoy!

~~~

"Abby, wake up! It's moving day!"

You groaned at the voice of your best friend waking you up. 

"No, let me sleep in! Just five more minutes!"

"You said that five minutes ago."

You sighed, and hoisted yourself up, pulling on a sweatshirt and some pants before opening the door.

"You'd better have an awfully good peace offering if you're waking me up so early, Enjolras." you grumbled.

Enjolras laughed and held up a box of munchkins and a drink. "Will this suffice?"

You instantly perked up and snatched them from his hands. "Thank you, oh great best friend."

Enjolras couldn't help but smile at your newfound energy.

"Did you get your bags yet? I cleared some space in my trunk."

You nodded, munching on a donut hole. "I set them by the front door."

"Alright, I'll get them. Meet you in the car?"

~~~

The ride to university was anything but quiet, to say the least. 5 hours of singing along at the top of your lungs and being an all-around, fun-loving duo. 

Enjolras had to admit, he wouldn't want to spend his trip to university with anyone else. He watched you out of the corner of his eye as you sang along to your favorite songs, not a care in the world. 

When the current song had ended and you caught a breather, Enjolras decided to break the silence, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. 

"Remember that time we first met in high school?"

"Oh, don't remind me. I don't even know how Grantaire had even managed to get that bucket and mop stuck on the ceiling and have time to start a food fight."

"Honestly, I have no idea how he did half the things he did, and not get in trouble for it. He throws a mean enchilada."

"And I can personally testify." you laughed, remembering how Grantaire's enchilada decided to say hello to you. It was safe to say you spent the rest of your day grumbling about your favorite sweatshirt being ruined.

"But if all that never happened, I never would've met my best friend, as cliche as that sounds." you added as an afterthought.

"Yeah..." Enjolras nodded pensively. He was your best friend. He wondered if he could be more.

"You got anything planned for the weekend before classes start?"

He shrugged. "Probably just mentally preparing for everything. Maybe go out and buy some comfort food."

"Yeah, me too."

~~~

You had just finished unpacking when a knock sounded at your door. You opened it to see Enjolras standing there with his backpack on.

"You going to class already?" you laughed.

"No, actually, I...uhh...I was wondering if you wanted to go on a short road trip with me?" Enjolras hesitated. "I mean, we're just freed from high school, and we can do whatever, and I mean, I just wanted to celebrate our last few moments of freedom before we have to go back to studying, and...."