Thor ~ Don't Be A Hero (Part 2)

Everything I said in the bold before the one-shot started.

Reader is still female.

Warning: probably some cussing at some point

~~~

I flew towards where Thor previously stood, and grabbed the metal. I slowly pulled it downwards, feeling the star pulse past me. I almost fell off where I was standing, underestimating how strong the star was. 

Now I knew how it felt when Thor was standing up here. I closed my eyes and grit my teeth in concentration, not daring to decrease my efforts in any way. Obviously not. I couldn't afford to fail.

"Almost there! Hold it for a few more seconds!" Eitri's voice sounded faint, despite how loud he probably shouted. Black spots danced in my vision as I struggled to keep my eyes open. I don't think I was going to last much longer if I held it for a few more seconds.

I opened my eyes slightly to see if they had made any progress, and it seemed that Eitri was starting to crack the mold. I grunted as I let the metal I was holding move back to its original position, floating back down to everyone, albeit a little unsteadily with my whole body shaking and twitching. 

The moment my feet touched something solid, I fell to my knees, my head hitting the ground again. I lay there, gasping for breath and feeling my limbs shake from the effort of holding the star open. My vision was blurry and I hurriedly tried blinking to clear it, but to no avail. It would eventually clear up on its own time. My hearing however, was impaired. My ears were ringing and I couldn't decipher what was going on.

Eitri hurried around, and I tried lifting one of my limbs, anything. But it all felt like lead. I blinked again, and in those few moments, everything happened so quickly.

Groot's hazy figure stepped forward and used his own arm as the handle, cutting his arm off at the elbow. I saw the shape of Stormbreaker fall to the ground, the vibrations echoing in my brain. I was definitely going to have a massive, killer headache later.

Nothing happened for a few seconds. But the axe flickered with lightning suddenly, then shot towards Thor's hand. He sat bolt upright, gasping heavily. He looked around and at his axe, remembering the situation he was in.

Then he spotted me on the ground, looking up at nothing in particular, my eyes glassed over. He hurried over to me, gently tapping my face and shaking me.

I saw his mouth move, and I saw words come out of his mouth, but my ears were still ringing and I wish I could say something to reassure him, to tell him I was going to be okay, but how can you, when you can't even hear your own voice?

I felt my eyes begin to droop, the darkness creeping in at the edges. Thor began shaking me harder this time, trying to keep me awake. My ears began to clear up, and I could gradually hear Thor's frantic voice grow louder and louder.

"No, (Y/N), stay awake for me, please!" he cried. "Keep your eyes open. You can't sleep now, we have much to do."

"Don't be a hero, Thor." I finally managed to scratch out, my voice hoarse. "Don't be a hero."

And I finally let the darkness envelope me as Thor started shaking me with more vigor, urging me to wake up, to keep my eyes open, to not fall asleep. But I was just so...tired.

~~~

I felt myself on some sort of soft material. Well, the texture wasn't soft. It just felt a lot squishier than the hard metal on Nidavellir.