Chapter 13.

Courtney

Parking in the lot, everybody got out of the car, Ashton being up front while the other three fought for places in the back seat. My eyes flicked around to see if Jessica was anywhere. I saw her car but no sight of her out waiting in the snow. The coldness in the air had me shivering and wrapping my arms around myself. Unfortunately, the queasiness in my stomach hadn't faded but after taking some medicine my headache was long gone; which I was relieved about.

"Courtney!" I turned around to see Jessica standing in the doorway of the tattoo and piercing shop, waving me over.

"Hey Jess!" I grinned as I hugged her. She said a quick hi back before looking at the people behind me. I stepped back and began introducing them.

"Jessica, this is Ashton, Michael, Calum, and Luke. Guys, this is my best friend Jessica." As I introduced them, they each gave her a hug. As she was hugging them, I noticed that she turned all shy; making me wonder if she knew who they were. I didn't think she would know who they were but she is into the bands and music stuff so she might.

All of us walked into the shop, the boys talking a seat in the chairs by the wall and Jess and I heading to the counter.

"Hello there what can I do for you today?" I waited as Jessica told the woman behind the counter what she wanted. She was given a clipboard with a piece of paper on it before she went and sat down in the middle of Luke and Calum.

That reminded me that I actually had to tell them they were going to be Prom dates. I don't think either of them would mind going with the other. I see the way they have instantly clicked to once another.  She even was joking around with him as she sat back down to fill out her paperwork.

"Ah, there's my favorite customer! What can we do for you today? New tattoo today?" I laughed when I saw it was the owner's wife behind the counter.

She was a younger woman and was covered with tattoos and piercings but what I found was cute was the fact that she was still doing piercings at eight months pregnant. 

"Do I really come in here that often that I'm your favorite?" I grinned at her as she leaned back in her chair, crossing her arms over her bump and smiling.

"Yeah, kind of, but you're one of our best customers so it's okay."

I couldn't really argue with her, I am in here quite a bit. They do really amazing work. I have seen a lot of the larger pieces they have done and have always wanted to get a piece on my thigh but I never knew what I wanted. 

"So what are you looking to do today?" She asked.

"I was wanting to get my Rook done on both sides and I was hoping to get Bobby to do them." I asked, making her pout. She is the one who usually does the piercings in the shop. She is the one who has done all of my piercings, but I figured since Jessica was getting her ears done, she could do that and then Bobby could do mine.

I started to explain my reasons for wanting Bobby to do it when she started laughing.

"No worries, I was just giving you a hard time." I could already tell that my face was turning a nice shade of red. I moved my hands over my face to try to cover the blush and looked at her as she laughed. She handed me another clipboard saying, "You know the drill."

I took it from her and went back to the seats, sitting beside Ashton. He smiled at me, obviously hearing the conversation I just had. My cheeks heated up even more, feeling my heart thump against my chest.

"You're quite the bad-ass now aren't you?" He asked with a smile, showing off his dimples in the process. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Nope, I'd say quite the opposite actually." That earned me a snort of laughter, which I ignored as I got my driver's license out of my wallet. They'd need to photo scan it and add it to their records-again. I was filling out the paper, explaining what I wanted, birth date, and who to do the piercing when Jessica got my attention.