Chapter 37.

Ashton's P.O.V*

I sat on the soft stool listening to the radio host talking into his microphone of the song he just played. I was really paying attention through the interview but as he introduced us, my ears perked up. All four of us said our hello’s into our own mic, smiling and being cheerful.

I looked at the other three guys feeling the tension between us; even if we were masking it well.  None of them were quite happy with me, and it had already been three days since I actually told them all that I was no longer in a relationship.

Luke and Michael, much like Calum, were disappointed in my reasons but said that they’d still support her and I in our decision. Since the breakup, Court and I have not talked to each other; she actually hasn’t talked to any of us.

Jessica says that she’s just mending and really doesn’t want to talk to anyone at the moment. That was another strike in my corner since it’s my fault.

“Ashton, what about you?”

Our interviewer looked at me expectantly. His voice brought me back to the interview, seeing that everyone was now staring at me.

“What about me?” I asked.

From beside me I could visibly see Calum tense up. That was enough for me to know that I was not going to like the next question.

“How are you in your relationship?”  And I didn’t

“Oh, uh, there is no relationship anymore.” I muttered into the microphone, feeling as if I was about an inch tall. 

“Oh, well I’m sorry to hear that.” I was a little surprised that he hadn’t asked why or when and for that I liked the guy a little more.

“How about the tour, Luke, have you had fun opening for One Direction?”

For the next half hour we each took turns answering questions, interrupting each other, and having a laugh before we announced our song and were done.  We thanked everyone for having us and took some pictures before we were brought out the van.

It was a quiet ride as everyone was on their phones. The silence lasted a few more minutes before Luke’s phone rang.

All of us watched as his eyes lit up as he answered it with a smile but then his smile fell and he was frowning. He listened to whoever he was talking to intently before sighing. His eyes wandered to mine and when they met, he shook his head, looking fairly disappointed.

Whoever he was talking to, was clearly talking about me. I looked out the van window watching the people on the sidewalk doing their normal routines. I blocked out Luke as he was talking, and avoided the gazes of Michael and Calum.

After Luke got off the phone, I finally looked at him.

“You need to do some major damage control on Twitter.” He had pulled up the app, looking at his screen, unamused. He held it out to me, showing me the loads of tweets. None of them were nice and that all of them were directed to Court and our break up.

I shook my head, knowing that this was because of my confession on the radio. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, immediately going to Twitter to fix my mess.

“@Ashton5SOS: You guys do know I see the hate tweets directed to @Court_Faith93, right? She’s still a close friend so stop, please!”

I tweeted it then locked my phone and sat in on my lap.

“Is that what the phone call was about?” I asked, looking at Luke.