Chapter 40.

Courtney’s P.O.V*

As I rolled over onto my side, I let out a sigh. No matter how hard I tried, it was impossible to go to sleep or even get comfortable.  If I would Braxton would send a nice kick to my ribs or he would start wiggling around.

Everyone in the house was long asleep as it had barely passed six in the morning. Another sigh escape my lips as I grabbed my phone off my stand and heaved myself out of bed. I headed to the back door. If I couldn’t sleep then I would at least watch the sunrise. Before stepping out the door, I put my jacket on and grabbed a throw blanket off one of the couches to wrap around my body.

I opened the sliding glass door and sat on the swing.  The air was crisp and chilly, as the summer was long over and the cold autumn air had creeped into the mid October weather. I unlocked my phone to take a few pictures of the semi dark sky and then some as the sky turned an orange and purple color as the sun started poking through.

Some of my favorite pictures went onto Twitter.

“Courtney, what are you doing out here, aren’t you cold or tired?” I jumped as Jessica stepped out with me. I shook my head.

“Nah, Braxton thinks I have to be up really early.”

She shook her head, as she looked at the bluish sky and seeing the sun peeking out through some clouds.

“I have to get ready for classes so don’t stay out here for too long.” She told me. I gave her a slight nod and watched as she shut the sliding door, leaving me alone again.

It had been a little bit after Jessica left before I went back inside because I had gotten too cold. Now I was left in a house with three sleeping guys. There wasn’t much to do so early in the morning and even if I had the urge to clean up around the house, I was too tired to even get off the couch that I have taken residency over.

The morning wore on and after a little while each of the boys stumbled down the stairs, rubbing sleep from their eyes. I smiled and told them each good morning only earning a grunt in response as they wandered into the kitchen to get some food.

I tried to get up to join them but in the end failed as I couldn’t get off the couch so when Calum walked back into the living room and handed me a small plate with toast on it, I was thankful.  He sat down on the couch beside me watching whatever show was on while I ate.

As I finished, I sat the plate on the table in front of me and then l moved around so my head was lying in Calum’s lap. He didn’t seem to mind as the he just continued to stare at the television.

Michael came in a few minutes later, trailing behind Luke, and sitting at the other end of the couch with my swollen feet in his lap while Luke sat in the chair beside Calum. It was quite as we all watched the people in the show go back and forth in an animated conversation.

I smiled when I felt Calum run his fingers through my hair. It was one of the things my mom did when I was younger and Ashton had done it when we were dating. Though it made it a lot harder to stay awake but the exhaustion of not sleeping well these last few weeks kicked in and my eyes closed, letting myself go to sleep.

Whenever I woke up I was back in my room. I felt a lot better from the few hours of sleep that I had just got and it was like I could do a lot more now.

I slipped out of the warm bed and went to find the others. I found Calum in his room as he was going through his clothes. He told me how Luke had left a little while ago to get Jessica from University and Michael was in his room.