Chapter 18.

Courtney

I felt my breath come quickly as I tried to sort this out. This had to be some kind of fucking joke because there is no way that I'm pregnant. I've not had sex since February and I had my period at the end of last month; didn't I? As I thought back to last mouth, I couldn't recall having it; scaring me further.

"Liz!" I yelled, feeling the panic set in at an alarming pace. I could hear her rushing to get to me and a second later the bathroom door swung open.

"What's wrong?" She asked seriously, scanning my body over; checking to see if it was physical. I held up both tests, a wave of fresh tears threatening to fall. She looked confused for a moment before placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Court, I was with you when we bought the fake tests. You can't prank me dear." She said thinking it was a joke on her. I shook my head, tears falling from the corner of my eyes.

"I'm not joking Liz. I just took the real test and it came out positive." I choked out, thinking about the fact that there very well could be a child growing inside of me right now; a child that I created with my ex-boyfriend. A child that I hadn't even realized was there.

"Oh, Courtney, dear." She wrapped her arms around me, hugging me, as I cried into her chest.

"I have to ask this, who's the father?" She whispered into my ear. She was probably making sure it wasn't one of the boys'. I couldn't blame her because if it was that would ruin what they have worked so hard for. And besides, I've not been with any of the boys, we're all friends.

"It's my ex Blake's. It has to be because he's the only person I've had sex with." I said into her chest, my voice being muffled because of it. She nodded her head and rocked me back and forth. She didn't talk but she still comforted me until she final pulled away after a few minutes of our embrace. She wiped under my eyes, removing my tears that were still falling. She looked at me and I could almost picture standing here in the same situation with my mother.

"How about you go ahead and head to bed. I'll throw this stuff out, okay?" I nodded my head for an answer because I couldn't really talk around the lump forming in my throat. I headed back to my bunk, climbing in and closing the curtain to keep the boys out. My blanket lay at the bottom of my bunk; bunched up from when uncovered the bags. I turned on my side, staring at the wall and letting more silent tears come out.

How could I be so stupid? I had my whole life ahead of me and now it's gone. I'm going to be a single mother raising a child from a previous relationship. What is my dad and brother's going to think, or Blake? I just ruined any chance I had at a relationship with Ashton, given that he even likes me like that. Who am I kidding, when they find out that I'm with child they'd probably ship me back to my house and never speak to me again. Not like I could blame them.

I laid there for a while, staring at nothing, until I heard the boys come back on the bus. They weren't too loud but I could hear Liz scolding them, saying that I was asleep and that they should keep the noise down. Through my quiet tears, I smiled, thinking that she was the best. She wouldn't tell them what was wrong and I was grateful for that.

They settled down a lot, mostly saying they were heading to bed too. I heard them come into the bunk area and then curtains being drawn around me but I kept quiet.

After a while and everyone had gone to sleep, I slipped out of my bunk and headed into the back of the bus. We were heading to another city around the Europe so the boys could do the radio tour. I stared out the window, watching buildings fly by as I thought about how this day turned out. A pregnancy would explain a lot. I mean, I've been grouchy and my stomach has been cramping up or feeling sick; both being signs of pregnancy. It would also explain the weird dreams I have been having too. Now that I'm thinking of it, the queasy feeling has been around for a while.

"What are you doing up?" I jumped at Calum's voice coming in from the doorway, not expecting him to be awake. I quickly wiped away any traces that would point out that I was crying.

"Nothing, I just couldn't get back to sleep." I muttered, unconvincingly, to him. He shook his head slowly as he walked towards me.

"It may be dark and all but I do have ears and can hear your sniffles. Now what's wrong? You know you can talk to me." He sat down on the couch, in the space next to me, shifting so he sat face to face with me.

I shook my head, tears already forming in my eyes again. "I can't tell you Cal, you wouldn't understand." I spoke around a lump in my throat. The look in Calum's eyes told me that my words had hurt him but he kept trying to find out the answer.

"I may not understand but that doesn't mean that I can't help you with figuring it out." He reached over and grabbed my hands, rubbing small circles into the palms of them to comfort me.

I sighed heavily, looking at our hands.

Could I actually tell Calum? Liz knows but should one of the boys know too? I mean, I'll have to tell them all eventually but does it have to be now. I could tell them all separately, though. Might as well.

"Cal, you have to promise not to tell anyone and after I tell you, you can't think of me any different." I told him, or more like pleaded to him. I didn't want him to think of me any different. I made a mistake and now I am going to deal with it.

"I'd never tell anyone or think of you differently." He said seriously, looking me straight in the eyes.

I knew he wasn't lying because of that. I nodded my head and was about to tell him when I noticed that the door was still open. If any of the others were up they could hear what I'm about to say because of it being open, that's why I wanted him to shut it. So the others wouldn't hear us talking.

"Shut the door first." He obliged, shutting it then returning to his seat beside me. I took a deep, calming breath before I said it out loud.

"I'm pregnant." I watched as his face turned into shock, the color draining until it was white. I couldn't very well blame him because my face probably looked the same way early when I found out.

"How?" He asked dumbfounded. I rolled my eyes.

"I think we both know how that works Cal." He rolled his eyes at me too, shaking his head. Okay, so maybe that smart ass comment wasn't what he was looking for but it did make him chuckle so it eased the tension a bit.

"No, like, who's the father?" He was nervous about this, and I was too. I didn't want to tell him whose baby it was but I had to get it out and be completely honest.

"Blake's. We had sex a little over a week before we broke up and yeah, I guess you can guess the rest."

I hadn't realized that I had started crying again until Calum pulled me into his chest and was whispering things to make me stop. It was nice to know that he was still there for me and that he cared.

"Who all knows?" He asked against the crown of my head.

"Just you and Liz, don't tell anyone." I told him, frightened that he would tell Ashton and then everything would be ruined.

He nodded his head, saying it'd be our secret. I was thankful for Calum's understanding but I surely knew that not all of the boys would be as well receiving to the news as him and Liz was.

Word Count - 1467

//Edited on 11/05/2019// Edited again on 5/5/21 //

I loved making Calum caring. It was cute to me!. Anyway comment and vote. I'd love to hear from you.

- Stay Beautiful 😊❤️

Courtney S