Chapter 21.

Courtney's P.O.V.

I sat in a health car office in Connecticut, waiting for the woman that was my OB-GYN for the day to come in. It felt weird seeing all these signs and weird sculptures of, well never mind what they are. Liz and I talked on the flight here, while everyone else was asleep, and I really learned a lot of what to expect and she even suggested that I have my first check-up today. Since I'm a good few weeks in, this actually wasn't a bad thing.

Well, coming here alone was the only bad thing but that's only because Liz is with the guys as they were doing an interview and then doing their sound check for the concert tonight.

A knock on the door interrupted my babble.

"Hello Ms. Lambert." An older lady walked in with a clipboard in one hand.  Her white coat made me cringe as it hit the lights and became very bright.

"Hi." I said nervously. She sat down on a chair beside me, smiling slightly. She set the clipboard down on the desk and pulled over a laptop. It had everything on it that the nurse, who was in here previously, had checked over.

"I'm Olivia Swan and I'll be you OB-GYN for the day." She shook my hand before continuing. "Your papers say that this is your first appointment for your baby, is that correct?"

I nodded my head. "Yes, well I had an appointment at my local hospital to make sure I was pregnant." I told her remembering that Liz said I should be honest and tell her whatever information I thought would be important.

"Okay, then this appointment should be a bit longer. We're going to run a few test to rule out some things like Preeclampsia, Gestational Diabetes, Anemia, HIV, Hepatitis, and then we check your glucose levels then we're going to do some exams. You'll also have to answer some questions about family history. It's really only small things we need to check for."

She listed off things, making me freeze for a moment. They did all of that in the first appointment? Olivia must have noticed my discomfort because she smiled reassuringly.

"Actually, I think first we can get some information about yours and the baby's father's families then we can go tests and after we can find out how far along you are." Her smile made me feel better. I calmed down a lot, knowing that this is all a part of a normal thing.

She grabbed the clipboard ad then started with her questions, marking off some things on a piece of paper as we went. When she got to the family history question I was pretty forthcoming about my family's information but then when she asked about the father's, I had no idea.

Even though Blake and I were together for a while I didn't know much about his family; making answer his questions a lot harder. Olivia didn't seem to mind as she wrote everything down with a smile. When she got her information she then called in a nurse to take some of my blood. That was used for the test to check to see if I had anything that could harm me or the baby. While she did that, the only thing I could think of was that this day was going to be really long.

"Now I usually don't do this during the first appointment but you said that you're positive that you conceived on the twenty third of February?" Olivia came back into the room after a moment of talking to a nurse in the hallway.

We had finished the tests, everything running, almost, clear; the almost being that I needed to rest a little because my stress levels were high.  She talked to me about things to help reduce it then before she was pulled out of the room.

"Yes ma'am." I told her feeling a bit tired from all of the tests they had to do then not being able to sleep last night and having a plane ride today.

"Okay, so that would put you around the twelve week mark. We should be able to see something during a sonogram." She thought out loud; her words bringing a smile immediately to my face.

After all the test she did, I was excited to be able to see the baby.

"Can we?" I asked excitedly. She just grinned, giving me a quick nod.

Even if I couldn't really tell if it was a baby or a little peanut I still wanted to see it to believe it was in there growing. She told me to follow her and in the next five minutes I found myself lying flat on my back, cold gel spread all over my belly and a nurse tech moving the transducer around my lower stomach.

"There's your baby." The nurse told me, pointing to a small white blob on the screen. My eyes were glued to the screen as I saw my little peanut for the first. Almost instantly, tears clouded my vision.

It was really my baby.

"Now, Olivia said you were around twelve week along so your due date would be." She has a round disk in her hand, moving it around. "October thirty first. A Halloween baby." I choked up as she said my mom's birthday.  Could this be what I needed to help me understand her love?

"Would you like some pictures?" It took me a fraction of a second before I was nodding my head rapidly.

Ashton's P.O.V.

The sound check for the concert tonight was running horribly slow and to top it off my girl, or so I wish, wasn't even here; nor was she with us at the interview we had earlier. Granted she was sick so she might have just stayed at the hotel.

"Ashton!" Calum's voice spoke from in front of me. I jumped at little at the shock of hearing his voice.

"What?" I asked, not understanding what was wrong. He shook his head at me, clearly not impressed with the fact that my mind was else where.

"For us to have drums, our drummer kind of has to hit them to give us some beat. What's up man, you usually aren't this spacey during practice?" He said causing everyone else to turn my way. I shrugged my shoulders, looking at the drum sticks in my hands. I didn't want everyone here to know what I was thinking

"Come on mate, you're not being yourself today. There has to be something up if you're not paying attention." Michael joined in. By now Luke, Calum, and Michael all stood in front of my drum set as the crew went back to setting some things up around the stage.

"Is it because of Courtney and her being sick?" Luke asked, hitting the nail on the head. I softly nodded my head, hoping they wouldn't see. Unfortunately they did see it and had an answer for me.

"Ash, she's fine. She just has some food poisoning but will be okay in a few hours." I sighed, knowing he was right but still, I hated seeing her sick.

"Aw, Ashton has a crush." Michael teased making the two others snicker. Too bad he was right. I kept my gaze down, not denying his accusation.

"Wait, you really like her?" Michael asked seriously. I looked up at him, nodding my head. He froze for a second before looking at Calum then turning back to me. All of them looked at me, shocked that I had just admitted my feelings.

"I do." His eyes widened before he grabbed Calum and drug him off the stage. I looked at Luke but he looked just as clueless as I was.

What in the hell is going on?

Word Count - 1354

//Edited on 11/07/2019//

A Bit On The Short Side. Next Chapter Will Be Better! :) 

Are Y'all Liking It? I've Not Got Many Comments But Some Votes. I'm Very Appreciative Of You Guys Voting And Just Reading In General. <3

- Stay Beautiful

Courtney S