Chapter 31.

Courtney’s P.O.V*

I sat the five other people, in this house, down at the kitchen table. All of them had four pieces of paper placed in front of them, each having a different name on them. Although, they all had the same names on their papers, none of them were the correct one that I have picked out. I wanted to trick them since none of them actually guessed the right name.

“Okay on the papers in front of you there are four names, y’all have to guess the correct name.” I told them the boring part of this trick. They all gave me excited grins.

What they didn’t know, and this would be the fun part, is that whole they are picking, I’m going to announce the real name on Twitter. They’ll most likely be annoyed that I announced it on there before telling them but oh well.

Before going into the kitchen, I made them leave their phones on the coffee table, so incase I’m one of the people they have mobile notifications turned on, they won’t get the update.

“What do we get if we pick correctly?” Mikey asked with a lopsided grin. I glared at him; of course he’d ask that question.  I’m actually pretty annoyed that he would think of asking it but it’s the hormones I have got going on that causes me to find him annoying.

There are some times when I can’t stand to be in the same room as Michael. Of course I feel bad after words, but when we’re together, he annoys me and I just become rude to him.

“The satisfaction of knowing his name, that’s what you win.” I snapped.

He raised his hands up knowing I was becoming annoyed with him.

“So can we pick now?” Jessica asked, defusing the growing tension in the room. She twirled the bottom of her hair, anxiously waiting for my answer.

I gave them the go ahead and watched as they immediately started looking through the pieces of paper. While they were engrossed with that, I went ahead and sent my tweet. From the other room, a loud buzzing could be heard. All of them looked up towards me, hearing the same sound too.

“Y’all stay, I’ll go see who’s buzzing.” I muttered, acting like it was nothing and that I actually didn’t know why the phone rang.

I waddled into the living room, going straight to the cluster of phones on the small table. One by one, I swiped the Twitter notifications away, leaving their phones blank. It was weird to know that they all had my notifications turned on, but knowing them they probably have each other’s on as well.

Waddling back into the kitchen, I found all of them grinning from ear to ear.

“Figure it out?” I laughed, finding that funny since none of them were right.

All of them started thrusting their choice name toward me. I looked through them for the hell of it, and found the names Bryson, Brandon, Braydon, and two Bradley.

“So who got it right?” Calum asked, leaning forward in his seat. I smirked.

“Now that’s where this little game gets interesting. See I gave y’all four names, counting down your options by a lot, now you have to choose for yourself.”

They all glared at me, obviously not finding my little game funny.”

“Okay then, is his name Br-“ I cut Luke off, grinning wider.

“Also between the five of you, you can only have one guess. If you guess wrong you have to wait until he’s born to know.”

Their jaws dropped, not finding this funny anymore. Of course, that’s not how it’s going to be, but why not make them sweat this a little bit?