Chapter 14.

Courtney

I groaned, rolling over in bed as somebody tried shaking my shoulder. The stomach ache seemed to stay with me over night as I woke up feeling the same as I had yesterday.

"Court, you have to get up!" I couldn't tell who said it at first but then the memories of last night hit me and I remembered it was Ashton.

"Seriously Court, your phone keeps going off saying that work is calling. You have to get up!" I pried my eyes open, the word work being annoying to my ears. Today was my day off, I shouldn't be needed today at all.

"Where's my phone?" I muttered sleepily, as I sat up, my vision going blurry for a second. Ashton stood beside the bed with my phone in my hands. He passed it over and once it was in my hands the annoying sounds of my ringtone went off.

"Hello?" I answered as my eyes closed again, my lack of will power to keep them open was fading away pretty quick. All I wanted to do was just get some more hours of sleep.

"Sorry Courtney, I know you weren't supposed to work today but do you think you can come in at noon? The open house is next week and we don't have enough hands to clean and straighten things up." Sharon rushed out in an apologetic tone.

I pulled the phone away from my ear, cracking an eye open, seeing that it was only nine. I could still sleep another hour or two, get ready, and still b e there on time. If the weather was cooperating. 

"Yeah, that's fine." I said once I had the phone back against my ear carefully, watching out for the new piercing.

"Thanks a bunch Court! I'll let you go back to sleep now, bye." I brought the phone away from my ear, pressing the end button before I tossed it on the other side of Ashton's bed.

"What time do you have to be back up?" Ashton asked, grabbing my phone and setting it on the stand beside his bed.

"Eleven." I told him, thinking of the latest time I could actually get up. I laid back down, closing my eyes and waiting for sleep to come again.

"Wait, before you go back to sleep, can I talk with you?" He asked urgently. My eyes popped back open at his booming voice.

"It's kind of an important thing." He continued, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. He sat down on the other side of the bed, his fingers toying with the strings that were hanging off of his blanket.

"Well you know how the guys and I are in a band?" He said, continuing after I nodded my head. "Okay so we were only supposed to be staying here for a couple of weeks and then we were leav-."

"Are you trying to tell me you're leaving?" I cut him off, my mood instantly went to rock bottom at the thought of him and the others leaving. I had just started to really like being around Ashton all the time, and my feelings for him were growing, I didn't want to see him leave already.

Ashton looked down towards the floor, obviously telling me the answer to my own question.

"When?" My eyes stung as tears began to well up in the corners. Ashton looked up at me, panicked by the sadness in my voice.

"No, no, no, don't cry!" He pulled me into his chest as the tears spilled over my eyes.

How could I not cry, though? This guy that I definitely have grown fond of is leaving; and I'm not sure if he would ever come back. He sighed, pulling me away from his chest. He used the pad of his thumb to remove the tears streaming down my face.