Chapter 28.

Courtney’s P.O.V*

My mind wandered, as I sat in my room a few weeks later, as to who my child would favor in looks. Since it was now proven that my child would be a boy and not a girl like most of the people though, I had tried to picture him.

Sometimes I would see a cute little blonde haired boy with dimples and small curls that more favored his father, and then I would see the complete opposite. I could see him looking like me with a small button nose and chubby cheeks.

No matter what, I knew he would be the most adorable little baby to me; and I’m pretty sure everyone else would agree with that too.

As the weeks tick by, I get nervous as to how everyone is going to cope with a child being around all the time; myself included. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m actually very excited about becoming a mother, but not sure if other people are as well.

As I lie in my bed daydreaming, I could hear footsteps ascend the staircase and then stop in front of my door. My door opened softly, light streaming through from the hallway.

“Are you up babe?” Ashton asks as he pops his head in my room.

“Yeah.” I reply, sitting up in bed. Ashton walks in the door, coming and sitting on the bed beside me.

“What are you doing sitting up here by yourself then?” He asked, taking my hand in his. I smiled down at our interlocked hands.

“Just thinking about what the baby might look like.” I answer him in a small voice, looking back to his face.

Ashton looked at me with a crooked smile. “He’s going to be the cutest baby in the world. You want to know how I know that.”

He leaned in, kissing me softly. “How do you know that?” I asked, breaking away.

“Because you’re his mum.” He said as he laid his hand on my swollen belly.

I pushed his shoulder playfully, wondering why he was being this way tonight. “You’re being really cheesy tonight.”

He just grinned at me, knowing that I was right.

“Are you feeling better?” He asked, his smile turning into a frown as he turned concerned about me.

Earlier today I had been somewhat sick with a fever and cough. Also, anything that I ate seemed to make a reappearance a few minutes later. Ashton thought it best if I took a nap, being what I had just woken up from a few minutes before Ashton came in.

“Yeah, I’m really hungry though.” I spoke truthfully. Ashton shook his head, standing up and pulling me up with him.

“Let’s go eat then.”

Ashton, along with the rest of them, had flown in the other day to help me gather some stuff up to take to England with me. I felt bad that they were always flying back and forth but they assured me it was okay; telling me not to worry about it and I didn’t.

“Where’d your weird band mates go?” I asked, not seeing them in the living room or the kitchen when we came downstairs.

“To get so-.” He stopped short, hearing the front door open and a hyper Michael Clifford yell out, “Honey, I’m home!”

Thankfully it was just us here since my dad was called into work earlier today.

From my spot in the kitchen, I heard Jessica shush him for being so loud. “Sorry.” I heard him mumble as they came closer to the kitchen.