Chapter 45.

Let me cry cause this is the last chapter. :'(

Courtney’s P.O.V*

I rushed down the stairs, passing by Michael and Calum on the way into the living room. Both of them looked up at me and their smiles dropped.

“Court what’s wrong?” I vaguely heard them ask. I didn’t say anything, just pushed past them.

Jessica stepped out of the kitchen, trying to figure out what the commotion was all about. When she saw me coming, she reached out and grabbed my wrist.

“Woah, hold up. What’s wrong?” I shook my head, wanting to get away and not answer all of these questions.

“Can you watch Braxton for a little bit? I need to go and clear my head.” I asked through a lump in my throat. She shook her head.

“You have to tell me what’s wrong first.” She tried pulling me back into the kitchen. I looked behind her, seeing that Luke and Anne were coming to find out what was going on.

“Anne, Jess and I will be right back, can you keep an eye on Braxton? He’s in the living room with Michael and Calum right now.” She nodded her head as Luke stared at us. I didn’t think she was going to ask anything and was glad when she didn’t.

I pulled Jessica to the door, where we both put our shoes on before heading out to me car. Jessica was trying to talk to me as I sat in silence; my mind raced with Ashton’s words.

He loved me but if he loved me he wouldn’t have left me whenever he always said he wouldn’t. He lied then so why couldn’t he be lying now.

“Courtney!” Jessica called. I hadn’t realized that I had pulled over along the road, like I had earlier. I dropped my head against the steering wheel while I cried.

“What happened, Court?” Jessica asked as she rubbed my shoulder.

“Why did I ever get involved with Ashton? I knew it wouldn’t have worked out in the beginning. After Blake cheated on me, I should have just sworn off guys for a while so I could have had my head on straight for Braxton. Why did Blake cheat on me? What did I do wrong to make him go to another girl?” I blubbered.

Jessica sighed.

“Blake didn’t realize that he had something amazing in front of him but Ashton did. He didn’t care that you were pregnant or that it was with your ex’s baby. He stuck through everything.” She said, trying to make me stop crying.

“But he didn’t Jess; he left me when I was eight months pregnant. He said he loved me and then he left; it was exactly what Blake did. Now he wants to say he loves me but who’s to say that a few years from now he leaves. I don’t want to put myself through that and I can’t put my son through it either.”

I wanted to scream, just to make someone understand what I was going through but I kept it low. Jessica sat back in her seat, staring at her lap.

“I just want to know that I’m guaranteed that happy ending.” I finished in defeat.

The car was silent as neither of us said a word. My mind still wandered but I could actual think now. There was one important thing I knew and that was I had to always put my son first.

“Court, you can’t go through life thinking of the what ifs. Some things happen for a reason. You and Blake didn’t work out but look, now you have a beautiful son out of what you two had. Ashton was there for you and left but when we were in Australia he was guilty about it. He felt like he let you down. He wanted to be there but was scared, now he wants to be there for you again and you’re the one pushing him away because you’re the scared one now. I’m not saying that you shouldn’t be scared but you’ll never know what will happen between you two unless you try.”