::3::

"Dexter, Dexter, Dexter!" There was sudden weight on my bed.

"Ugh! What the hell?" I groaned, sitting up.

"Wake up, wake up!"

"Go away, Landon!" I chucked my pillow at him, but he only laughed and set it aside.

"Come on, time for school."

"I want to stay home." I flung myself backwards.

"No, let's go. You need to talk to your "friends". He made air quotes around the word friends.

"Look, you're the only friend I want right now and if you don't leave, I'll take that back!"

"Psh, get over it! Come to school. It'll be great. Just hang out with me."

"No." I pulled my blankets up over my head. "Why am I still at Scarlett's house?" I moaned.

"Because you wouldn't wake up yesterday at all. Scar's at work, and told me to wake you up. She also said that you could stay home. And...I can too. But we should go. You'll be fine." he pulled the blanket away.

"Screw you!" I shot up. 

"Come on!" he laughed. 

••• 

"DC, what up, my boy!" Carson rushed up to me after steeping out of Landon's car.

"Stay the hell away from him, dipshit." Landon growled at Carson.

"Dude, calm down. What did I do?" Carson put his hands up in defense and took a couple steps back.

"You know damn well what you did, an how badly you fucked up." Landon snapped.

"Lan, chill. It's not like he actually did anything other than weed." Carson said casually. Danny and Seth spotted us, and came over.

"Danny, you little shit!" Landon curled up his hand, and it collided hard with Danny's jaw.

"Fuck, psycho path!" Danny yelled.

"It's not like he did anything, right? Well you know that you were going to fucking make him, right? Yesterday he went home because of a panic attack. Why was he having one? You traumatized him! Danny, you took the faking needle and shoved it in his arm. So an infected wound didn't help the situation any. You guys fucked up. Stay the hell away from Dexter for a while!"

"Dex, I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean it. I was out of it." Danny walked towards me.

"Don't touch him!" Landon pulled him away.

I looked at the ground feeling embarrassed that I couldn't stand up for myself, and had my friend do it.

"Sorry, DC." Carson whispered. I moved my eyes up to look at them.

"It's cool." I whispered. "Just go away for a bit."

The three boys nodded, and walked away silently. I could feel Landon wrap both arms around me. His body was warm and it made me comfortable. I buried my head in his chest and started crying.  

"Dexter?" he ran his hand through my hair.

"What?" I sniffled.  

"The first bell rung, let's go to class." 

"Okay." I nodded and wiped my eyes.

Landon left me there to get to art on my own.  

I sighed and kept my head down, body pressed up against a wall of lockers. I took my time, and the second bell rung. "Fuck." I mumbled, even though I didn't actually care that much.