::8::

"Landon, please!" I sobbed. "I'm sorry!" My voice hurt from crying out.

"Shh, Dexter, you have to calm down. Okay. Breathe, breathe. Shh." Reece had me in his arms. I was against Reece. It should have been Landon.

"Lu-Luke, why are you here?" I sniffled, trying to not think about the boy who hates me right now.

"Look, I don't agree with more than seventy percent of the stuff you do, but we're still friends. Maybe not best friends, but we're pretty damn tight." He smiled, and rubbed my leg, sitting at the foot of my bed.

"Why am I home and not Scarlett's?" I asked next.

"Too many people to see us." Seth answered.

"Why does Landon hate me?"

"We all fucking hate you right now, DC. You were being selfish and idiotic! What were you thinking?" Carson shouted.

"Maybe I wasn't jumping to kill myself. Maybe I just wanted to swim or something!"

"You promised that you wouldn't hurt yourself, Cole." Reece clenched his teeth.

"I promise a lot of shit." I hissed.

"And you wonder why everyone's pissed at you! You were about to jump off a bridge, and now you're acting like it's nothing! Weren't you complaining not too long ago that your brother does the sane thing? Why don't we call him over here, huh? You can act like suicide is fine together! Carson started yelling.

"I haven't talked to You about Remus." I shook my head confused.

"When you came over to Danny's, you shared everything. You didn't hold back." Carson settled down a little.

"Tell me what I said." I sat up straight.

"I don't think upsetting you would be wise right now." Seth snorted.

"Whatever, I really have to talk to Landon." I rushed to get up, but Reece pushed me back.

"Just rest. It's what you need."

"No, I need to talk to Landon!"

"Calm down. Don't get stressed."

"Fuck you! Let me up!" I started to lash my legs, hoping to hurt them. Seth and Carson each held one down, then I started with my arms. Reece and Luke both grabbed one.

"Go away!" I shouted, twisting my body, trying to break free. "Let me go! Let me the fuck go!" I hated being the smaller one.

"Shut the fuck up!" Landon came storming in. I stopped struggling and looked at him. I just wanted him to hold me.

But everyone hates me.

"If I fucking wanted you, I wouldn't have walked out. God, I'm so sick of hearing you scream, and God damn, can't you just take care of yourself for once! You're not five, you're fifteen. Grow up!" He got closer to me, his face in mine. "I don't mean for you to grow up and smoke, I mean act your age, and stop depending on others. Learn whats right and do it." he growled.

It took all I had not to wrap my arms around his neck. To not sit and cry. To not reach out and smack him in the face for saying that.

"Get the fuck out." I whispered.

"What?" Landon asked, annoyed.

"I said get the fuck out! All of you! Leave me the fuck alone! Go!"

In silence, they left me alone, but they did look back. Just not Landon.

•••

"Dexter, wake up, time fore school." My mom's gentle voice echoed through my room."

"No." I groaned, and pulled my blanket over my face.