::16::

"Do you need to talk to somebody about it?" Scarlett and I were cuddling on the couch.

"No. I hardly remember it." I whispered.

"Are you going to be okay?"

"Yeah."

"You know who did it?"

"Yeah. He admitted to it."

"Do you actually know the person?"

"Yeah, really well."

"I don't want you around him."

"I want that, but I don't think I could do that."

"Dexter, if the guy ra-"

"Took advantage." I Interrupted firmly.

"That's the same."

"No it isn't. Boys can't be raped. Girls can. Boys can't have eating disorders, either. Along with anxiety and depression. And I'm a boy. I can't have those. So I'm fine."

"Dex, none of that is true." She started playing with my hair.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore."

"Dex, I think we need to."

"Don't push me." 

Scarlett let out a sigh. "Do you want to stay here tonight?"

"No. I'll call mom." 

The left corner of Scarlett's mouth twitched up. "Feel better babe."

"You won't tell anyone, will you?" 

"No, Darling."  

"Do you pinky promise?" I held mine up.

"I pinky promise."

•••

"So how was yesterday?" Dad asked me. He'd taken the day off of work, allowing Landon to go back to school. It's Wednesday. Just four more days.

"Good. Saw Danny. Landon took me to go see Carson and Seth, then I just hung out with Scarlett." what I said was true. I just didn't say all of it.

"Listen." Dad said awkwardly, and put his hand on my knee. "If you ever need to talk, I'm here. I'm not sure exactly what you're going through, because, well, you don't talk about problems. You're a relatively happy kid. But I'm here to listen."

"Thanks, Dad." What else was I suppose to say? If I told Dad that I slept with a guy he'd probably flip shit! If I told him it was forced...Hell, would he even believe me?

"You know, everyone has their little ticks when they lie." He added after I was silent.

"What do you mean?" I think I knew what he meant.

"That you do things you don't usually do when you lie. Does that make sense?"

"It makes sense. But, um, what do I do?" I knew what I did. Shit, when did he notice?

"It may have to do with one certain scar on your arm."

"Pardon?" Oh shit, oh shit! 

"Scratching your damn scar. When you lie, your hands are right there, Running your nails on your scar from Carson's damn cat."

"Oh." I was speechless.

"Son, I know you aren't okay, and I know every other thing you've lied about. In the hospital and you sat their crying, because you threw up, that's how I know you didn't force it.  

Dexter, I know you're not okay, bu-"

"Shut up." I snapped coldly. Dad just gazed at me.

"What?" he asked in disbelief.