TJ

Josh closed his front door quietly, afraid that if he woke some one up, not only would he be in trouble but if he got caught high he'd be dead.

His family seemed like very nice people, all proper and sane, what ever that is?

But really Josh was always picked on at home. Name calling was often, like fag, screw up, disgusting, ect. His family wasn't homophobic nor religious, but they preferred to stay out of that "Gay shit" his parents would say. So when Josh came out it wasn't handled well, they tried to make sure the information was shushed, to keep their reputation.

They failed.

Josh was 100%

Gay

"JOSHUA! WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!?"

Josh could always recognize his Mothers voice. He was in a lot of trouble.

"I'm sorry Momma, another student was struggling in class and I offered to help-"

"Why didnt you tell me!? No call, no text, didn't warn me, nothing!"

"I'm sorry ma'am, it won't happen again. I promise"

"It better not boy!"

With that, Josh ran down stairs to the baseme- his "room" and plopped down on his bed. He turned the tv on and flipped through some channels, landing on some live concert and deciding to leave it playing. He rested his head down and began tapping a tune on his thigh, eventually drifting into darkness and letting the sleep take over his mind.

~☆~

"Josh. Josh! Joshua!"

The boy jumped awake and was met face to face with his younger brother.

"What Jordan? I was sleeping, its- 1 in the morning!?"

Jordan pushed aside his brothers questions

"You have someone here to visit, he was calling your phone, which you left in the living room by the way. He says it's important, should I bring him down or-"

Josh was now fully alert

"No! I'll go upstairs, thanks Jordan!"

Joshua ruffled his brothers hair and tiptoed up the stairs as quickly and quietly he could.

He made his way over to the window in the living room, grabbing his phone and jumping onto the soft grass. The front door was always locked and had an alarm set in the night.

He ran to the front of the house and nearly ran into the taller boy.

"Tyler, you idiot! What are you doing here?"

"First off, I know I am, asshole. Secondly, I need you to take a walk with me"

Joshua sighed

"Alright but I need to back before 6, when my parents wake up. Where we going, and why?"

Tyler rolled his eyes at the older boy

"You ask too many questions Dun. But we're gonna go back to my house and play truth or dare"

Josh stopped dead in his tracks

"You... came to my house... at one in the morning.... so I could come over and play truth or dare with the risk of getting my ass kicked!"

Tyler was taken aback. Joshua Dun has never raised his voice or shown emotion, such as anger. He was changing, and Tyler didnt really mind

They walked to Tyler's house in silence. When they finally got there they went through the front door and sat on the couch. Tyler grabbed a bottle of liquid.

"Want some Joshie?"

Joshie?

Stop being so gay Josh, calm down, Jesus Christ.

He grabbed the bottle and took a sip.

"So Truth Or Dare TJ?"

"Truth"

They both smiled.

"What's the real reason you came to get me tonight?"

....

"You're changing Josh, you're different. I like it. I like you"

Little did Josh know, he would be thinking of that last sentence for a long time.