iv.

Thea's POV

Ben and I were sixteen now, and that meant we would be moving to the next stage of becoming a Jedi soon... If we can prove ourselves worthy. I hope I am able to become a great Jedi, and not be corrupted by my constant thoughts of Ben.

I was summoned to the training room by Luke and when Ben and I met at the double doors to the room, we knew something was up.

You're going to do just fine. Don't look so nervous it looks as if you're going to pass out.

I look to Ben and gently nudge him, causing a small smile to appear on his face, but it was short lived as he turned serious once again and faced the doors. 

This is it.

Together, we pushed passed the doors and we're met with Luke at the center of the room holding two lightsabers.

"Thea Skywalker. Ben Solo. It's time for you two to move to the next stage of becoming Jedis," he stated. "In my hands I hold two empty sabers. The force will decide which crystal will be placed in your saber to define you as a coming of Jedi, if you exceed in a major skill I have taught you... Meditation."

I noticed Ben tense up at the mentioning of meditation and could feel his own nerves pulsing through my veins slightly, but brushed it off. He always succeeded at Luke's lessons. This will be a breeze for him.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes," Ben and I said at the same time.

"Good. Let's begin"
————-
Third persons POV

Luke led the two of them to their places on the mat. Thea and Ben sat down with their legs crossed, taking a deep breathe before shutting their eyes.

"Now, focus on the force. Fight off the dark," Luke instructed and they began.

Thea took a deep breathe, and focused on the peaceful shores of Naboo, she retained her thoughts and began to lift off the ground. The dark side began to pull at her, and her eye twitched, but she focused on the light side and stayed stubborn against the dark. 

As for Ben, he focused on the forest and the fireflies, and there was a jolt of the dark side that rugged against him and he hesitated before going back to focusing on the light. Trying to remain calm and focused on the challenge at hand.

After a few minutes, the two came back to the ground and opened their eyes to see Luke smile.

"Thea Skywalker. Ben Solo. Congratulations. Step forward, young ones," he said and they both rose to their feet and stood before their master.

"Take your sabers," he said and they hesitated before taking them in their grasps. Ben was the first to reveal his, and it was blue. He looked at it in amazement before looking to Thea, who just stared at her closed saber.

"Well?" Luke said and she took a deep breathe before enlightening it.

It was purple.

"You know padawans... Around 4000 BBY, lightsaber crystals were used to indicate a Jedi's chosen class. Blue indicated a Jedi knight, a Jedi who used the Force on a more physical level. Green indicated a Jedi Consular, a Jedi who preferred to reflect on the mysteries of the Force and fight the dark side at its heart. Purple... Well, purple represents a strong jedi with strong knowledge of both the light and dark. I see much power in you Thea, congratulations," Luke explained. "Now, with the history lesson over I must warn you. This is a very powerful weapon and you must take precaution every time you use it. Am I understood?"

They both nodded, and deactivated their sabers.

"Good. Now, run along it's getting late"
————-

So, I'm just giving background on their past before getting to Kylo Ren, because well it's important and cute. May the force be with you.