xxv.

Thea's POV

"As soon as I launch, you jump back out of range," I instructed as I got the transport ready. "Stay there until you get my signal for where to rendezvous. May the force be with you," I smiled weakly at Rey.

"And you, sis," She returned the smile and I looked at my saber and smiled before pulling myself in the transport. "Ready?" I nodded. She waved her hand over me and everything went black.

Kylo Ren's POV

"Sir, a single- person transport has just landed in the load off zone. It's a girl," a stormtrooper informed me and I immediately marched over to where it was and looked at the sleeping jedi that holds my heart. "What do you want us to do with her, sir?"

"Leave it to me," I commanded and had them unlock the transport before lifting her in my arms and bringing her back to my quarters. I lay her down on my bed, pulling the blanket over her before standing at the end of the bed. I saw her fidget a little before feeling her begin to wake up. I clenched my hands on the end of the beds board, knuckles turning white as she slowly opened those beautiful eyes of hers. It took her a moment to notice her surroundings before shooting up in a sitting position and locking eyes with me. 

I watched her suck in a breath, and what she did next was unexpected. "Ben," she whispered and shot out of my bed and ran to me. I stepped back as a reflex, but was soon caught off guard as she practically jumped in my arms, clinging to me as if I was her lifeline. I froze before hesitantly wrapping my arms around her and digging my head into her neck. I longed for this for so many years. Just being in her presence drove me crazy. I breathed in and her scent was intoxicating. I felt her tremble in my arms as quiet sobs came from her.

 I felt her tremble in my arms as quiet sobs came from her

"I didn't know. I didn't know. I didn't know I'm sorry," she kept repeating like a mad woman and I pulled her out of our embrace and looked at her broken emotions. So... Luke finally told her the truth.

"Hey hey hey," I repeated softly and pulled her back to me. "It wasn't your fault."

"I trusted him. I never knew he did it. Your fate wasn't decided yet. H-he killed Ben Solo," she cried out and held me tighter. I didn't say anything to that. I couldn't. 

"I love you please forgive me," she whispered and I froze. I pulled her away from me slightly and looked at her in shock. 

"What did you just say?" I searched her face for any false emotions but found none. She looked up at me in longing and seemed uncertain before answering.

"You heard me."

I let out a shaky breath, shutting my eyes briefly, letting it sink in. I've been longing to hear those words from her again. I looked up at her, eyes darting from her lips to her eyes, before snaking my hand to the small of her back and pulling her against me causing her hands to be placed on my shoulders. "Say it again."

"I-I love you," and thats all it took for me to smash my lips against hers. I pulled her closer and she wrapped her arms around my neck before running her fingers through my hair. I missed this. I missed her.