xlvii.

Thea's POV

Today's the day. 

I woke up to Ben practically wrapped around my small figure, and I smiled. Our legs intertwined, Ben's face nuzzled in my neck and his arm pulled me to him tightly. There's no way I can get up without waking him.

I'm not sure how long the family meeting went, but I can tell he needed me after. I turned over to face him, admiring every feature of the man soon to be my husband.

His raven hair fell in front of his face, his plump lips slightly parted. He looked so peaceful. I hope I can bring him peace and happiness. 

I lightly brushed the hair out of his face, causing him to stir lightly. I giggled before placing a kiss on his nose.

His eyes fluttered open before he gave me a gentle smile

"Good morning, my love," he greeted me with that really sexy morning voice of his. I don't know why girls like it so much, but I'm not complaining. He always takes a few minutes to wake up, so I waited for him to realize what day it was.

Him jumping up onto his knees with a huge smile on his face after a minute was the key.

"We're getting married today!" he yelled and I laughed, sitting up slightly. He grabbed my hand pulling me too him, but we got tangled in the sheets and fell to the floor together in a fit of laughter. He laid on top of me, looking down at me with a goofy smile. "I get to marry the love of my life today, after all these years of waiting and dreaming of this, and in a few hours i'll be able to call you mine!" He called out in joy before attacking me with kisses and we rolled around a few times on the floor. 

"Come on, dork, we have to eat breakfast. The queen sent over some of her handmaids to get us ready. And by the looks of it," I looked him up and down as we stood across from each other. "You're going to need it."

He scoffed, putting a hand over his heart as he faked being hurt. "Did you just call me ugly?"

"Hey, you said it not me," I put my hands up in defense as I went to the dresser to throw on something. Ben came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist, and resting his chin on my shoulder. 

"Here, wear my shirt," he suggested as he reached out in front of me and grabbed his other dark gray sweater. I took it in my hand and looked over at him with a raised brow. He shrugged sheepishly. "I like when you wear my clothes."

He's so adorable

He's so adorable. I blushed before pulling his shirt over my head and pulling it down my figure. He stared at me, I couldn't read his expression, before he cleared his throat and his cheeks turned red.

"Breakfast time!" I clapped my hands together before heading towards the door when ben stopped me, saying something from behind me.

"Well hold on. What was that you said about me being ugly?" I looked over my shoulder to see a mischief look on his face. 

Crap.

"Well, uh you see, about tha-" I dashed out of the room, closing the door in his face with the force, giving me a head start.

"Thea soon to be Solo get your cute ass back here!"

---------

"You look beautiful, darling," Scarlett, one of the handmaids said. After two hours of hair and makeup, I finally have the dress on. The queen picked it out for me, giving it to me as a wedding present. "Are you ready to see it?" I nodded.

I took a deep breath before turning around, and my breath hitched in my throat.

Woah.

"I believe he might faint, miss," Scarlett joked and I let out a laugh

"I might beat him to it, honestly," I shrugged. We heard a knock at the door. 

"Thea?" Ben questioned before going to open the door, but one of the girls stopped him.

"Ben! You can't see the bride in her dress before the wedding. It's bad luck!" I yelled and I could feel him roll his eyes from here.

"Who made up that ridiculous rule?"

"Given our streak of luck, I'm taking all precautions, my love," I laughed as I put a strand of my hair out of my face.

"Okay, you have a point. I just wanted to say I love you. I'll see you in 30 minutes."

"Love you too!" I called out before he closed the door. 

Thirty minutes... I get married in THIRTY minutes.

I need a drink.

------------

I stood with Scarlett at the closed doors that go out to the balcony, hidden from all happenings on the other side.

"I'm kind of bummed that my sister and friends won't be here, but I guess it's for the best," I shrugged. He was Kylo Ren not even a week ago, so I wouldn't expect them to support me in this. 

"I wouldn't worry about that," Scarlett smirks. I turned to her, giving her a confused look, before she stepped to the side revealing my sister. 

"Rey!" I gasped before she pulled me into a hug. "You came."

"Of course. You're getting married to your soulmate, Thea. I support you in anything you do. Remember that."

"Noted," I laughed and she smiled. The music outside started playing.

"Are you ready?" she asked me, standing on my left side as she held out her arm for me to take. I took a deep breath. 

"I don't think anyone is ready to be married," I smiled. A blue light appeared to my right.

"Well, there's no backing out now. I'm here to make sure my adoptive daughter makes it down the aisle."

Luke.

I could cry right now, but after two hours in makeup I decided it was best not to. I let out a joyful laugh.

"Thank you. Both of you," I looked to them, having them on my arms before taking a breath. "Let's do this."

------------