v.

Bens POV

I left the training room quickly without saying a word or even a glance at Thea. Once I reached my room, I shut the door behind me and set down my saber before practically throwing myself onto the bed and dropping my head into my hands. 

I'm so conflicted and frustrated. These feelings I've had for Thea... I can't have them. If I am to become a Jedi, we won't be allowed to be with one another. I need to stop these feelings, but I am not sure that I can. She makes me smile, and keeps me going everyday. Every time my eyes lock with hers, I just want to tell her how I feel.

My thoughts are interrupted by a knock at my door, and I already knew it was Thea. I tried to ignore her, but realized she wasn't going away as she knocked again. 

Ben? What's wrong? I heard her ask in my mind.

I huffed in annoyance, and opened the door a little.

"Is everything okay? You left in quite a hurry," she stated looking concerned. I avoided looking at her, because her beauty makes me feel the way I shouldn't be feeling. I have so much anger inside me. So much pain, and I don't want to accidentally take it out on her. I will do anything to protect her. Anything.

"I'll be okay if you've left me alone," I said and immediately regretted it. She looked at me in shock. I felt her slight fear, and I never want to see that look she gave me ever again, but I need to push her away. That's what I do best after all.

"What? Ben, I-" she started but I cut her off.

"Go away," I raised my voice a bit and shut the door. Soon she left, and I'm left with the disgust I feel for myself for doing that to her. Thea didn't deserve that. Hell, if it were up to me, Thea would be treated like a goddess.

Stop, Ben! You need to stop yourself from feeling this way!

Then why does apart of me want her. I feel that pull to the dark side once again, and honestly... I'm starting to consider it.

———-
Thea's POV

Why was Ben acting like this?? Did I do something to offend him?

He was like this for the next few days, and it hurt. He shut me out not only in person but through the force. I can't help but feel this... emptiness without him. It was weird. I'll need to research this soon. I was so confused but mostly annoyed, for my feelings for him were being drowned by his actions.

My eyes began watering as I sat on the edge of the roof staring into the night sky, and soon I feel his presence behind me. It calmed me to feel him around me again, but still hurt from the way he treated me.

"Still ignoring me?" I ask in annoyance and he sighed. I heard his feet shuffle on the pavement.

"I didn't mean to. I just-" he doesn't finish his sentence and instead looks down, and I turn to face him. I stood up so I was only a step or two away from him.

"Didn't mean to? Sure feels like you did, Ben," I said. He responded with silence and i sighed. "You know, I don't understand you, Ben".

"I don't know if I understand me either," he mutters and I stare at him in confusion for a few moments before trying to get into his thoughts. He snaps his head up and glares at me.

"Stop trying to get into my thoughts," he snapped.

"I thought since you couldn't just come out with it I would see it myself."

"You don't wanna know what I'm thinking"

"Why not?" I challenged and stepped closer.

"Because the truth could corrupt us," he said, staring at anything around us that wasn't me. I took a step closer where our chests were barley touching. Sparks erupted between us.

"Try me," I whispered. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me to him, smashing his lips against mine. My mind felt as if it were going into shock, while my heart was going off like fireworks. I felt a connection. I've felt it for a long time, but whatever this connection was, it grew stronger with this form of intimacy. I kissed back, resting my delicate hand on his cheek and wished for this moment to never end.

 I kissed back, resting my delicate hand on his cheek and wished for this moment to never end

Of course, wishes rarely come true, and Ben soon pulled away from me and took a step back. He shook his head in frustration and seemed conflicted. The tingling still left on my rosy lips as they longed for his touch once again. 

"Now do you see? We're Jedi and that makes us weak," he stated but I stepped forward and put a hand on his cheek, forcing him to look into my eyes. 

"No. It makes us stronger," I stated and with that our lips found their way back to each other.
—————