xxi.

Thea's POV

Luke came back to the huts eventually and with Rey hot on his trail. He had an annoyed look on his face as he turned to her and stated that she's waisting her time. She looked at me with a disappointed and hopeless look and I gave her a weak smile. It's hard for me too. He was a father figure to me and basically raised me, he was my mentor and yet he left all of us when things got tough. He has no right to be acting the way he his. 

I held Rey's hand for a moment and gave her a reassuring squeeze before we were both on his trail. We followed him for a few more minutes until my sister and I stopped in our tracks at the sound of whispers.

"You hear that too, right?" Rey asked me and I nodded without glancing at her. We rerouted our destination and were drawn towards the alluring sound.

It led us to a huge tree trunk that looked to be thousands of years old. But what kind of tree has a hallway?

It was completely hallow. I entered first, followed by Rey, and we slowly walked over to a shelf within the tree that held old books; ancient would be a better word. There was only a selected few, the only light in the tree illuminated on them and nothing else. Our fingers barely grazed the cover of one when Lukes voice filled the tree.

"Who are you?" he asked, narrowing his eyes at Rey. He didn't need to ask me cause I was once his student obviously.

We turned to him and she seemed at a loss for words, struggling to get one out, so I spoke for her. "My sister, actually," I revealed and his eyes widened. 

"I know this place"

"Built a thousand generations ago to keep these," Luke stated, gesturing to the books we were so mesmerized by moments ago. "The original jedi texts. Just like me, and maybe Thea; the last of the Jedi religion," he seemed focused on the texts for a moment before turning back to us.

"You've seen this place. You've seen this island. Both of you?"

"Only in dreams," Rey whispered as she looked around in amazement while I just nodded. This is Rey's moment, not mine. She began to look around, seemingly in a slight daze, but still focused enough to answers coming questions without any pauses.

"Who are you?" he asked again.

"The resistance sent me."

"They sent you? What's special about you? Thea, I understand, but you?" I lightly scolded him from comparing me to my sister. I've known about the force my whole life, but she just discovered a whole new version of herself. "Where are you from?"

"Nowhere."

"Jakku."

"All right that is pretty much nowhere," he nodded and I faked being offended. 

"Hey!" I said and he rolled his eyes at me before turning back to Rey.

"Why are you here, Rey, from nowhere?"

"The resistance sent me," she stated once again and I could tell he was getting a little frustrated, but what do you expect? She didn't think she was anything before this. "We need your help. The First Order has become unstoppable."

"Why are you here?" He pushed, stepping closer to her. I saw her staring at him, not knowing what to say, so I grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze. She's not alone, not anymore. She has a sister that will always have her back, and I know it's going to take some time for her to get used to that feeling. Finally, after a few more moments she decided on what to say.

"Something inside me has always been there. But now it's awake. And I'm afraid. I don't know what it is or what to do with it. And I need help."

"You need a teacher," Luke confirmed and turned around. "I can't teach you."

"Why not?"

"I will never train another generation of Jedi. I came to to this island to die. It's time for the Jedi to end." Wow. Thanks Luke I love you too.

"Why? Leia sent us here with hope. If she was wrong, she deserve to know why. We all do," Rey finished and Luke stopped at the entrance of the tree, but continued out. 

----------

The force connected Ben and I again, and honestly this is happening a lot more than It used to. Part of me believed it was the forces doing, but deep down I knew the force did it because we missed each other more than usual.

It was loud, and I realized he was in his ship... Attacking the resistance ship. That was their last fleet. 

no

no.

"Ben," I sighed and he shivered at how broken and scared my voice was. "Stop. Please."

He practically growled at me as he heard my pleads, but ignored them and shot the loading carrier. I gasped at the pain I felt from the loss. Poe. Dammit.

Be-Kylo kept going and I felt another presence. 

Leia.

I could see it in his face. He was conflicted, and his lips opened slightly and started to shake. 

"Ben, don't do this. Please, she's your mother," I pleaded with him as tears started to flow. His thumb hovered over the trigger button when I heard the target acquired noise. His whole body was shaking now, his teeth clenched. "Ben, please if you have any love for her or me left in you you won't do this.

He hesitated before removing his thumb from the trigger. I sighed in relief, but that feeling was short lived when two First Order fighters flew in front of him and I felt everything that happened. 

"NOOOO!!" I screamed and fell to my knees. Ben froze. I hyperventilated as tears poured from my eyes, and I felt Rey run to my side and try to calm me down. Even though I couldn't see Ben there anymore, I knew he stayed with me the whole time. I don't know if that helped me or hurt me, but before I could try and make sense of it I passed out.

----------