xxviii.

Thea's POV

I woke up suddenly and was overwhelmed with the heat around me. I snapped my head to the side to see Kylo still knocked out. I sighed before crawling to my feet, not even glancing at the dead Snoke, and grabbing Kylo's saber and placing it on his belt. I gently brushed the hair out of his face.

"I realize what I have to do now, my love," I whispered before making my way to the escape pod in the throne room.

"Rey, where is everyone?" I asked through the force.

"On Crait. I'd hurry. I'm still making my way there," she stated and with that I went as fast as I could.

As soon as I got to the planet I saw the war scene about to erupt before me. I saw the resistance base doors closing and sped up, making it just in time along with another ship.

"Put your hands up!" I heard Poe yell.

"I come in peace, idiot!" I yelled back, and stepped out to have Leia stand before me. Tears developed in my eyes. "Leia," I breathed in relief as I hugged her. "You're alive."

"It's going to take a lot more than that to kill me," she smiled and I laughed. I went off to go prepare for the fight as her and Poe gave orders. That big metal door was our only way out, so the only thing we can do is fight.

Bring it on.

I went to the back of this cave, and felt two presences. One was Kylo, which I blocked out, but the other...

I spun around on my feet to lock eyes with my old master.

Luke.

"Luke," Leia and I gasped at the same time. She stood behind me as we stared at the man as he took off his hood. We sat down together, and Leia was the first to speak.

"I know what you're gonna say... I changed my hair," and we shared a small laugh.

"It's nice that way," he said quietly. "Leia... Thea.. I'm sorry."

"I know. I know you are. I'm just glad you're here, at the end."

"I came to face him, Leia. I can't save him."

"I held on to hope for so long, but I know my son is gone," I looked down at that.

"No one's ever really gone," Luke stated and held his sisters hand for what seemed like the last time and when he removed it, Han's dice from the falcon remained there. He slowly stood up, gently kissing our foreheads as if it were the last time he'd see us, and deep down I knew it was. "Oh, and Thea... I believe you'll be needing one of these," he stated and offered a replica of my lightsaber to me causing me to laugh a little with tears in my eyes.

"You always kept extras for me cause I always lost them," I smiled up at him.

"Yes, you're much like my father in that sense," he sighed with a small smile, looking back on his memories, before nodding to us both.I placed my saber on my belt as we watched him.

He walked towards the burning hole in the entrance, and I looked at Leia hesitantly and she nodded. "Go," she nodded towards him, knowing it would be the last time I'd be able to fight along side my father figure and Jedi master. I gave her a weak smile before jogging up to him, standing by his side.

"We do this, we do this together," I stated and he looked hesitant but nodded.

"I'm so proud of the strong woman you've become, Thea," he sighed and a tear rolled down my cheek as I smiled and hugged him. We pulled apart and I nodded to him before looking straight ahead.