xxii.

Thea's POV

When I woke up it was completely dark out. Rey was fast asleep beside me, and I smiled at the fact she comforted me and wanted to make sure I wasn't alone. She was such a great person and sister. She has been alone her whole life, and she doesn't deserve Luke's childish attitude.

Luke.

I got up, careful not to wake Rey, and went to Luke's hut. Entering after knocking, I shut the door behind me and faced an awake Luke with my arms crossed.

"You'll teach Rey," I demanded. He scoffed. 

"No, I won't. You of all people should know why," he threw back at me and I had enough of this.

"I'm tired of your childishness, Luke. Enough of this 'i'll never teach another generation of jedi' crap. I know you're afraid, but you need to face reality here. You had one student, one, who went bad. That's his mistake and that's on him. Not everyone you teach will be like that. Look at me," I said and bent to his level. "Am I like him? I am living proof that you were an amazing teacher and didn't fail. Because you didn't fail Kylo... Kylo failed you. The sooner you get that through your head the better for all of us. We need you. My sister needs you. I need you.Not to mention, you owe me this."

He sat there for minutes in silence, going through everything that I said.

"I'm sorry," he whispered to me. I looked up at him. "I shouldn't have left you, Han and Leia. I was just so ashamed." Why was he ashamed?

"Honestly Thea... I thought you'd join him," he revealed and I furrowed my eyebrows at the thought.

"Why would you think that?"

"You're a dyad, Thea. I know you loved him. I thought he would've turned you, but I should've known better. I know how strong you are," he genuinely smiled at me and I returned it. "I couldn't leave you behind without some form of protection."

"You had those already with the force to temporarily block our dyad," I confirmed. He nodded.

"Leia told you," he said. 

"To convince me to join Rey in seeking you out," I said and we actually shared a laugh. I missed moments like these. I know it would never be like before, but I did miss him. 

"So, I assume the force connects you guys again. Have you seen him since you got to the island?"

"Yes, twice so far, but we can't see each other's surroundings and I made sure Rey didn't tell me where the location is," I assured him. "You know Ben is still in there, right?"

"You always had hope for him." I didn't want to argue about it, so I went back to the main reason I was here. 

"Now, go out there and tell Rey you'll train her. At least try. I promise you she's a good student," I told him and he sighed before standing up. 

"I missed you, Thea," he told me and I smiled. 

"I am pretty amazing," I told him and he rolled his eyes before giving me a hug.

"Same Thea, as always," I laughed at his comment and watched him head out the door and over to Rey. It's time to see my sister shine.

---------

I fell asleep in one of the stone huts, and woke up with the sunshine on my face, peaking in from one of the stone gaps. I sat up and tensed when I felt Ben once again. I looked up and by the look of his scar, he was in the hospital room. I saw him push away something, probably the care droid, and we stared at each other for a few seconds.