Papilio Meum (Filler)

She sat by the balcony...

Snowflakes fell one by one as they gracefully landed as one snowy mess on the ground. The sky was dark and filled with grey clouds with a few stars peeking out as if playing hide and seek to mere people below.

It was December 24, 2330 hours. Christmas Eve. She wore her favorite red pajamas sipping the warm cup of hot chocolate in her hand whilst munching on treats such as chocolate chip and cinammon cookies.

Both of which she and her father baked just every Christmas Eve. This year was no different. The young 18 year old sighed in content as the cold air blew on her face.

Suddenly there was a presence behind her that wrapped her warm cotton blanket around her shoulders and put a bonnet on her head.

"Valentine" a gentle yet stern and scolding male voice said "young lady how many times do I have to tell you to bring your blanket or atleast just your bonnet along lest you'd catch a cold?"

She smiled and faced her father who took a sat down on the chair to her right with only a small table between them where they placed their food and drinks. "Sorry Dad. I forgot. Again"

"You're young. You should be able to remember things better than me"

She made no reply and only smiled as her father, Harry Hart took a sip of his hot chocolate. Harry took a good long stare at his beautiful daughter. She was absolutely stunning. Just like her mother.

"You look a lot like your mother" Harry said out of the blue.

Val smiled sadly. "Everyone who knew her says so. Agent Lancelot also told me that the other day"

She was close with Lancelot. He was basically an Uncle to her and one of her role models.

"Did he now?"

"Yeah. He also told me he tried to get to her first but you beat him to it"

Harry chuckled along with his daughter shaking his head. Val faced her father and asked him a question he didn't expect.

"Dad, why did you name me Valentine?"

Harry took a small pause before blinking twice and saying "Well, that was your mother's choice not mine"

Her mouth formed an 'oh' and she nodded her head turning her gaze to the ground. She remained silent and said nothing more as the topic was connected to her mother. She wanted to know more

why she was named so peculiarly but since the topic was connected to her mother, she decided she should just ask no more of it since she didn't want to hurt her father in Christmas Eve.

But her father had other plans.

"I can see why she named you that"

Sh turned he gaze to her father as he continued to speak.

"Other than the reason that you are a beautiful sweet girl, I met your mother when she was new to Kingsman as our Guinevere. That was February 14"

"Valentines Day"

"Exactly. After about a year I got close to her. One day I asked her to be my girlfriend and we went out on our first date. Also on the 14th of February. After 6 years, I popped the question and asked her to be my wife. Also on February 14th. And our wedding day? Also February 14th"

Val shook her head on all these crazy coincidences. It was like some joke fate wanted to play. And she was laughing along with no complaint.

"When is your birthday dear?" Harry asked with a smile.

Val nodded her head chuckling. "My birthday is February 14 1992. Valentines Day"

"Hence the name, Valentine Rose Hart"

Val munched silently on her cookies and sipped her drink deep in thought.

"It sounds very romantic, my name"

Harry gave a ghost of a smile.

"Yes it does papilio meum"

Papilio Meum. Latin for My Butterfly. For Valentine Rose Hart was a very special butterfly in her father's eyes. One of a kind.

"My name is romantic, yet I haven't even a single boyfriend" she said giving a small chuckle "I mean, I'm not complaining, I love being single. Just pointing out the irony"

Her father outstretched his arm and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Val, when I first met your mother, I immediately fell into her trap. She had a certain charm that worked on anyone and everyone. I succumbed to it the most. You may have inherited a couple of my mannerisms and personality but you are

a carbon copy of your mother. You look exactly like her. You know sometimes, when I look at you, I see her. The very same smile. The same compassion for people. The same charm. A man would be lucky to have you. He's out there somewhere. You two are unknowingly waiting on each other"

Val smiled sweetly at her father and said "Thanks Dad" as the grandfather clock rang midnight. The first hour of Christmas.

"Merry Christmas papilio meum"

"Merry Christmas Dad"

Hey. So this was just a filler and sorta a flashback to when Val was 18. She is currently 24 the same age as Eggsy.

Read on, drink on. Happy Tequila drinking!

 Happy Tequila drinking!