XVII

Back at Statesman....

"Good news gentleman. He'll be back on his feet in no time" The Scotsman informed them refering to Whisky.

Eggsy and Val sighed in relief all the worry they had expelled. They didn' t want to live with the idea that Harry might have intentionally shot an innocent man.

Innocent? Val wasn't sure of that yet.

"I'm not certain that's a good idea" Harry immediately replied.

Merlin looked at him weirdly. "What do you mean?"

"I shot Agent Whisky. Deliberately" Harry said without even a hint of guilt in his voice.

"What why?"

"He was working against us. Until we find out why I say we trust no one"

Eggsy shook his head. "Merlin, Harry's sick. This whole thing is my fault. I thought he was ready-" he stopped speaking as his phone rang. Val who stood behind him saw it was Tilde.

"I'm sorry I got to take this" he said and went off in a corner of his own.

As soon as he was out of earshot Harry spoke to Merlin.

"Listen to me. This is not about my mental health. If there's a chance there's a double agent in our midst or worse. If Statesman itself has a darker agenda, we need to safeguard this mission. We both know the president wants these victims dead"

Merlin looked at Harry in disbelief. This is where Val steps in.

"Merlin, I trust my father. His judgement has always been right. Whisky was acting suspicious. He could of easily pushed Eggsy down any other way but he had to push him by the hand that he knew

held a very important vial? I agree with my father that he was acting possibly against us but I agree with Eggsy that he shouldn't have shot him. If it were up to me we should have waited for more evidence that he was against us"

"We'd be dead by the time you have your evidence" Harry said.

"Dad there would be 3 of us against him. 3 of the best agents in Kingsman and I wouldn't want to live on the fact that Whisky was actually innocent and you killed him just because of your intuition. And don't drag all of Statesman to your suspicions just because of one agent" Val replied in the softest whisper she could muster enough for the men to hear her.

She could never shout at her father. Even when she was angry at him. So when her voice drops to a whisper, Harry and anyone close to them would know it was Val's way of screaming at him.

Val took a deep breath clenching and unclenching her fist as Merlin spoke. She turned her back on them and went to Eggsy to see how Tilde was atleast doing.

She covered her mouth with her hand gasping as she saw Tilde riddled with the blue rash. "Oh my goodness. Tilde"

"Babe why didn't you tell me" Eggsy cried. Tilde, obviously high and on mania stage continued to talk nonesense.

"Listen we're on the verge of finding an antidote. It's going to be alright"

"Hey Bjeorn Borg!" Then her eyes shifted left and right and she finally freezed. Paralysis. 12 hours left.

"Babe if you can hear me I want you to know that I love you. And if we can get through this and you have me back I wanna be with you no matter what. I promise I'm not gonna let you down it's all gonna be alright" he sincerely said.

Val had a sense of deja vù run through her. First her and Tequila now Eggsy with Tilde. How ironic. Eggsy pressed end call and he and Val turned to Merlin. "Merlin have you got eyes on the location yet?"