XXVI

Val stood next to her father at the end of the Statesman table...

It was indeed a special occasion. All the Statesman agents and the remaining Kingsman  gathered in one place. A month ago they didn't know about each other's existence. But now here they were gathered in unity. It's how their founders would've wanted it. The view that can be seen through out the windows showed a beautiful sunset signifying the end of a day, and the start of a new one. The sunlight illuminated against the glass bringing warmth into the room. It was truly a sight to behold.

Tequila sat in his usual seat next to Champ. The rest of the Statesmen were scattered all over the world and communicating with them through simple means of technology.

"In honor of this historic occasion" Champ began while taking the cap off a bottle of liquor "we have purchased a distillery in Scotland"

Scotland. Val lightly smiled. It reminded her of Merlin and his heavy Scottish accent singing his favorite John Denver tunes one of which being 'Country Road'. She was going to miss him and she wished he would be here to see this. The thought ached her heart a little.

"This shows the world, that Kingsman is now joining the liquor business. Before we were cousins. Now we're brothers working side by side"

To give Poppy a bit of credit, if she hadn't blown up  Kingsman, all this wouldn't have been possible. It was her action that drove them to the doomsday protocol. Resulting to finding Statesman and Harry, who they thought was dead. It also resulted in Val finding someone special in her life. It all started with Poppy blowing up Kingsman so Val thought (in a half joking sense) they should at least thank her for that part.

Champ poured some of the liquor into his glass. "All our resources are now yours. You can rebuild"

It was a formal occasion but everyone knows that doesn't really fly well with Tequila.

"Yeah. Ya'll sh*tt*n in high cotton now" he just randomly uttered out of nowhere making everyone who knew him for so long shake their heads but it made Val struggle to hold in her laughter. The smile on her face and a small snicker betrayed her. That was her boyfriend alright.

Champ gave Tequila a look clinking his glass with the bottle of liquor gaining Tequila's attention and said "Agent Tequila this is a formal occasion where's your tie and jacket?"

Tequila lowered his head as he was being scolded by Champ. Again. "Sorry sir" he apologized.

"Maybe the Kingsman boys or better yet, your girlfriend can dress you properly" Champ emphasized girlfriend. Everyone already knew about the relationship.

Tequila had a proud smile wondering how he had been so lucky to have her and turned to Val as the rest smiled in amusement. As his eyes met hers she smirked and have him a cheeky wink. Her wink almost beat Eggsy's.

"To our union!" Champ said raising his glass.

"To our union!" They chorused. It was one of these rare occasions where people can see Val drink. The sight was really rare.

As they finished downing their drinks Champ laid his glass on the table and announced a final order of buisness. The issue of a new agent Whiskey.

"We would be honored if one of you would be our new Agent Whiskey" Champ said turning to the Kingsman.

"Um. Val?" Eggsy said turning to Val offering it to her thinking that she would want the codename in relation to her boyfriend.