XI

Later that evening Eggsy arrived back at Statesman a bit depressed...

Telling Tilde didn't go so well and despite Val's warning to watch his mouth he must have said something wrong. These were the moments that he could use some of advice from Harry but the Harry he knew wasn't here.

He went off to see Harry first who he found packing in his room. After the problem with Tilde and Clara he thought he should get a time out from the complicated species called women for a while.

"Harry. What's going on?" He asked.

"I was just packing. Lool at these lovely toiletries Merlin very kindly gave me as a leaving present. Here try this after shave" Harry replied handing him a Kingsman product.

"Yeah I know Harry I'm wearing it. Look you can't just give up"

Harry looked at him incredously. "Give up? No on the contrary I'm about to achieve my dream. Researching rare butterflies alongside the finest minds in entomology" he said motioning to the walls in the room riddled with butterfly sketches.

Eggsy looked at one certain sketch and pondered for a moment before saying "You know. You might as well have me stuck up on this wall. Cos' you'll never find a buterfly more interesting than me"

"Sorry?"

"When you and I first met,I was just like a maggot"

"Maggots turn into flies I suppose you mean larva"

"Larva, yeah okay. Whatever. The point is everyone wanted to squash me. But not you. You helped me to become a caterpillar. And now I've got wings. I'm flying higher than I ever dreamed and that's all thanks to you. You and your daughter Val"

"I hate to seem rude but I need to finish packing and get some sleep"

"Harry you can't just walk away! Kingsman needs you. The whole world needs you. I need you. Val, your daughter needs you! Can't you see you're the only family she has left? She is your own very special butterfly. Papilio meum. That's what you always called her"

"Eggsy, Val is of course a very wonderful young woman and I would be honored and proud to have her as a daughter but you must be mistaken. I don't see how we share any common traits and I'm sure she has another relative out there. Now whoever the Harry you knew is, he's gone I'm afraid. Goodbye" he said extending a hand.

Eggsy was not pleased at all. He was Val's father! She needed him. And he was just walking away. Unfortunately, Eggsy thought there was no more he could do so he begrudingly shook the man's hand.

Val's phone ringed for the second time that day...

She thought it was Eggsy but no. It was Tilde. She immediately answered it.

"Hey T! What's up?" She said. She made no mind to adress her as royalty as the princess herself asked to become familiar with her and both became like sisters.

She could hear sniffles and sobs on the other side.

"Tilde, are you alright?" She asked concerned.

"N-no" the princess replied choking on a sob.

"What happened?"

"Oh I think you know"

"..... Eggsy told you didn't he?"

"Yeah" then she laid out the conversation she had with Eggsy.

"If he doesn't want to become a public image like a prince, does that mean he doesn't want to marry me? Because if he marries me he has no choice but to become a public image it's inevitable. On the other hand he said he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. I'm so confused!"