XIV

"Get the military to round these junkies up"

They heard the President say from the bug they had placed in his office through a Statesman bottle. Val had had enough of that senile psycopath.
Unspeakable rage coursed all through out her body like the Black Death.

She suddenly banged her hand on the table so hard it could have split in two and shook the ground beneath them, shocking everyone as she wasn't always one for a show of temper.

"That's it! I'm heading over to his bloody White House, stick my heel up his arse, and paint the whole House red!" She spat standing up smoke visible coming from her ears going red in pure wrath as her heels clacked on the floor like bombs dropping to a city below.

Before she could walk away any further to do what her rage desires she was pulled back down into her chair by Eggsy. "Love just sit down"

She huffed and didn't say a word.

"Whether they broke the law or not those victims are human beings!" Champ said getting himself a bottle of liquor. "Tequila"

Val flinched as Champ mentioned him.

"He's a great guy. And a great agent. Right now, he's sitting in deep freeze waiting for our help"

"We can't make this personal sir" Whisky said as Champ sat down opening the liqour bottle's cap.

Champ stopped and looked at him. "Personal? Agent, we can't stand by and let folks like him die. These people. We're their only hope. Now we have to find that antidote"

Champ put all of the drink into his mouth and started gargling with it.

"Poppy's stockpiles they could be anywhere"

"Must have some at hand" Harry said. "Locate Poppy, and obtain a sample for analysis. Maybe it can be replicated"

Champ spits out the liquid shooting it into a jar.

Just then on the screen Ginger got their attention. "Sorry to cut in guys but Charlie is on the phone with his girlfriend looping you in now"

They heard a woman's distressed and angry voice. Her voice was hoarse signalling that she probably stayed up long nights most probably worrying about something.

"Don't worry I'm in a payphone. Covered in f*cking blue rash! Why didn't you tell me?! All you said was don't take any drugs. It was a music festival for f*ck's sake!"

On the other line, Charlie's now slightly robotic voice (as his vocal chords were damaged and replaced by technology) answered.

"Sh*t! Sh*t! Okay. You need to get to the lab in Italy. Remember where we went skiing?"

"Yes"

"Meet me there. And I'll give you the antidote"

A sigh of relief. "Okay"

Then the line went dead.

Champ nodded his head. "Alright jet's ready. Guinevere you can join Whisky and Galahad on this one. Get to Italy"

Both Galahads stood up making them exchange looks and Eggsy smirk. Whisky pointed to them. "You two need to fix this codename thing" he turned to Champ "and with all due respect sir, but I don't think Galahad senior is ready to return to the field"

Champ nodded his head understandingly. He pointed to Eggsy saying "Well actually, I did mean..."

Eggsy sat back down Harry following his example. "Yeah but with all disrespect. I'm not going anywhere without him" he said.