VIII

Val opened the door to the observation room...

Merlin and Ginger were there. They were going to try and get Harry's memory back. Val was called by Ginger saying the redhead would be of great help when it came to this.

"Good morning" she said smiling at the pair.

They both greeted her back. "Where's Eggsy?" Merlin asked.

"Showering. And he didn't want to watch this"

The techies nodded understandingly. Val herself didn't want to come but she knew she had too. The sooner her Dad gets his memories back the better.

Ginger started explaining how Harry and get his memories back. "We've dealt with this kind of amnesia before. Harry's like a computer that needs to be rebooted. We need to recreate a shock or trauma from his past to trigger his memory"

Merlin and Val shared a look. Geez which trauma should they use? "First stage of Kingsman training?" Val suggested.

Merlin shrugged and nodded his head. "Hope you're right" he said and pressed a certain button that made Harry's room flood up.

The room rapidly filled with water and the door was sealed like in the first test given to every Kingsman agent. Harry started to scream for help and cursed loudly as the water filled to the cieling.

A moment of anticipation passed as they waited for his instinct to kick in or for a memory to be triggered. Val's hopes soared when her father looked directly unto the two way mirror and she prayed that he would do the 'Eggsy Approach'.

But then hopes were crushed as he started screaming and flailing around in pure panic. Val looked away and covered her ears not being able to bear this. Merlin shook his head. "I'm really sorry to do this" he said and pressed cancel letting the water disperse from the room. He went into the other room to talk to Harry.

Val turned to Ginger. "Can I please leave? I can't take it anymore" she asked with her head bowed down.

Ginger nodded her head solemnly. "Of course. I'm sorry I made you do this"

"No. It's fine"

Val went out of the room and walked through the halls with her trapped in her own world of thought. So much. Too much was going on. First all of Kingsman was in ashes.

Then here come the Statesman the American version of them. Then her father is alive but doesn't remember anything and regressed to his younger self and trying to get his memories back was proving to be a challenge.

Then there was Tequila.

With everything happening and the storm of thoughts in her head, it was beyond her how she could even have space or time in her mind to seemingly think about him every second that passed.

No matter what she did she just couldn't stop thinking of him. Despite the craziness going on around the thought of him somehow relaxed her and kept her sane. There was just something about him.

She sighed leaning onto the wall and observed the whole airport of Statesman that looked a lot like the Kingsman's. She sighed and closed her eyes as a memory came to her.

Little 5 year old Val ran around the Kingsman headquarters, her giggle making people smile for a moment before going back to work.

Her tiny frame moved at the speed of light making it impossible for anyone who was chasing her to catch up. She was always an energetic one. She clutched her teddy bear closer as she hid behind a missile taller than her.

She held her snickers as she heard her father ask around "Have you seen Valentine?"

The person her father asked glanced where she was and she signalled him with a finger to her lips. The person smiled before turning to her father. "No I haven't sir"