XXIII

In her unconscious world, she could see an ocean.

It stretched far and wide. She could hear the waves gently lap back and forth on the shore where she stood. On the other end of the ocean, there shined a bright light even though it seemed dark as night all around. It captivated Val like a moth flying towards the fire even though it would hurt or even might be dangerous.

She took two steps into the water and she noticed something. Her foot wasn't sinking. She was walking on water. She looked at it with a bewildered look before continuing to walk towards the bright light. Hypnotized like a zombie.

She walked on and continued to miraculously glide on the water amazed and unbelieving on what she was doing now. There were echoes every where. Like cries of panic and screams of horror. A sharp beep of a heart monitor. Someone off in the distance was dying. The screams and cries scared her. Especially because one sounded so familiar.

The voice was filled with such agony, pain, and regret. Valentine thought the person's heart was being ripped out and crushed into a million pieces causing a painful fire like hell to burn their emotions and drown it in a river of sorrow and complete anguish.

The voice was but a mere shrill scream of her name and she could hear it along with pounding and pounding like thunder in the sky. It was Tequila.

"VALENTINE!"

She looked around panicked looking for direction of his voice desperately trying to find him. But it was like looking for a river in the desert. His voice came from all directions echoing in her ears and her soul. Completely terrified, Val ran towards the light, the water as chill as winter splashing against her ankles.

Her breathing quickened and she ran as fast as she could trying to get away from their screams. His screams. That scared her the most. It was dark and he was nowhere in sight.

Once she arrived nearer and nearer to the light, the surroundings changed.

There were no more screams. No more noise. It was serene and peaceful. She sighed in relief. It was all absolutely beautiful.

The sky was bright and blue with clouds like cotton candy. Sun was shining brightly. The air hummed a silent tune. She was walking in a green grassed valley with colorful flowers their sweet fragrance reaching her nose. Birds were singing in the air. In front of her was a beautiful golden gate. Standing tall and proud glistening in the sunlight.

A cool breeze came up from behind her and she felt a presence right at her back. She turned around and saw a beautiful woman. Radiant as the sun. She smiled at her sweetly. Val felt amazed yet scared at the same time. The woman looked exactly like her. She thought she was looking into a more adult version of herself. Val was only 24. The woman seemed to be in her mid or late 30's

Pale fair skin that radiantly glowed in the sun. Red hair like fire flying in the wind. Eyes that rivaled the color of the blue clear sky. Pink plump lips and a sharp jawline that's could cut someone touching it. Long eyelashes and perfectly shaped eyebrows. She looked almost exactly like Val. She wore a white dress and slowly made her way to her. Val didn't fail to notice she wore a lot of accessories inspired form butterflies.

There was this moment where they just stared into each other's similar sky blue eyes. Val continued to look at the woman queerly. No one said anything and they just stared at each other. The air was full of shock and confusion coming from Val. Until the woman's lips finally opened to whisper two words that were almost camouflaged in the whistle of the wind.