1. Travel Delays

S P A C E

"Crap!" Aurora yells and covers a part of her face with her jacket, preventing the smoke from immediately invading her lungs. The fumes burn in her eyes and as much as she's trying, she cannot even enter the engine control room. The flames would harm her. Speaking through the intercom, Aurora immediately informs the God of Thunder. "Thor! Thor, bad news, the engine room is on fire. I can't fix this, I can't even walk into the room! I'm so sorry!"

"The other plan it is then!" The King responds, the sound of shots and the clash of swords fill his background. The battle has begun and his heavy panting only confirms this. "Inform Korg to activate the emergency system and save the others, including yourself!"

"But what about Loki and you and– "

"Now! This is an order! Leave!" He shouts back and in the next moment, screams echoe through the system and the noise of a great explosion resounds. The blast from the main deck makes the Statesman tremble, sounding more than just deadly and a violet light spreads through the whole spaceship. A strong pressure bolts through every inch of the place and Aurora clenches her teeth, holding onto the wall. When it's gone, she looks up and horror is written on Aurora's face. The line has gone dead.

"Thor? Thor!!" She screams worriedly but no response. Her concern increases, especially about Loki, but she knows that she has to concentrate on her duties now. Coughing, Aurora leaves the engine room and closes the door, so the fire won't grow.

Running to the next intercom station, Aurora immediately builds a connection to the cockpit. "Korg, enable the emergency system immediately!! We don't have time and it's Plan B now! Hurry!"

"Already done, mate." Korg answers and guns resound in the background. He's getting attacked too.

"Then why isn't it moving???" Aurora frowns and wipes off the sweat on her forehead that the heat has caused.

"It needs to be released manually there– " The connection is cut off and Korg's voice drowns in the high-pitched frequency.

"Korg? Korg! Dammit!" She punches her fist against the wall, immediately regretting it since it hurts to the bone. Groaning, Aurora doesn't waste more time and runs to the higher floor, searching for Valkyrie. The Asgardians are still moving and panicking but most of them have luckily reached the rear part of the ship.

"Aurora!" Val calls her and the auburn-haired girl breathes out in relief, pushing herself through the crowd to get to Brunnhilde. "Damn, what happened to your face?"

A thin layer of smut is coated on Aurora's face and she's trying clean it swiftly with a hand move. "The engine room is on fire, there's nothing I can do. Thor is fighting right now, so it's Plan B. We have to escape as fast as possible, that explosion from before was odd, it wasn't a bomb. I don't even know who we are fighting."

"Shit." Valkyrie mutters and waves to the Asgardians, motioning for them to hurry and go through the doorway. "Move faster!"

"Korg said the separation needs to be done manually from here, I can do this." She glances at the system panel on the wall and narrows her eyes, her fingers hovering over the screen. "It's at least not difficult, it's just more than pressing one simple button. I've got this."

"Okay, good. At least some good news." Brunnhilde nods and groans in frustration. "It just makes me so mad that I cannot fight along Thor's side. I'm Valkyrie, for Odin's sake."

"Thor's right though. You're a great leader." Aurora's still working on the system and Valkyrie's eyes land on her. "I'd follow you anywhere."

Suddenly, a shot of energy grazes the surface of Aurora's leather glove and the heat reaches her skin, a hiss slipping through her lips. Dropping her hand, she presses it against her chest to cease the prickling burn while the Asgardians scream in panic and run faster, far away from the new threat. Valkyrie's eyes widen and her hand lies on Aurora's back, worried about the girl.