27. Team Up

"Okay, since we are getting the team back together, who is going to pick up Thor?" Steve asks and Clint, Natasha, Eve, Tony and Bruce stay quiet in the common room. They all have heard of the God of Thunder's condition and how he's diving into depression. Almost all of them tried to help him, but he's pushing every one of them mercilessly away. Bruce is the first one to speak up with a sigh, putting on his blue raincoat for the Norwegian weather.

"I think I'll try. Maybe along with Rocket, he said he wanted to see Thor again." He agrees to do it and glances at Eve. "Could you come with me to convince him?"

"Me? Why me? Why not Aurora? I already tried to talk to him for several times, it's even more hopeless with him than it was with me." Eve is confused about his choice and Bruce shrugs.

"Out of our little team, he's the closest with us. And you two share a powerful connection, so this might help." The big guy explains, scratching the back of his neck. "And Aurora told me she needs to do some stuff here, something about engineering, so she won't have the time. They should be here soon."

"Fine. But don't expect me to go soft on him, this is about our chance to bring everyone back." Eve says determinedly and gets up from the couch, grabbing her jacket.

"In the meantime, I'm gonna collect the necessary components for our so-called time machine. The van's embarrassing." Tony scoffs and stands up as well. "Rhodey should arrive soon as well. By the way, where's Lang? I need the keys for the van."

"He's having lunch but the keys are in the hangar, just go get them." Natasha informs him while Steve glances at Eve.

"Good luck."

"Thanks." She hasn't entirely warmed up to him yet and Clint lets out a low whistle.

"Cap screwed up big." The comment makes everyone grin in amusement and Steve rolls his eyes.

Eve just ignores it and leaves the compound with Bruce and his lunch. Out there, the Benatar is already parked and the two Avengers pass Nebula and Rhodey who they only greet with a nod and a short "Hey". To Eve's confusion, Scott sits there with an empty taco shell, the content is spread everywhere on the ground. Bruce takes one of his tacos and offers it with a soft smile to Scott who accepts it kindly.

"Eve! Bruce! Hey!" Aurora shouts at them with an enthusiastic spirit and Rocket waves to them, waiting for them to come on board. Though, the auburn-haired carries a gigantic bag with her as she gets off the ship.

"Good to see you, Aurora." Bruce smiles at her and she hugs him briefly.

"Hey, what do you have there?" Eve frowns after a greeting hug as well and the Guardian chuckles.

"I was so happy and got inspired after finding out there's a way to bring everyone back, so I'm gonna work on an upgrade for everyone. Good luck with Thor!" Aurora then rushes towards the building and she sees from the entrance how Bruce, Eve and Rocket fly off with the Benatar. Turning around, she spots one of the new teammates. "Oh, hey, Scott!"

"Hi." He smiles cluelessly at her and eats the taco Bruce gave him. "You're Aurora? Nice to meet you in person."

"Likewise, Marty McFly."

His face lightens up. "You know Back To The Future?! I didn't know it got so famous that it's known in space!"

"Oh, no, I'm a half human and grew up here, that's why I know it." She giggles at his upbeat character and starts heading to the compound. "Anyway, I'm gonna work now, so enjoy your lunch!"

Humming, Aurora walks directly to the workshop where she finds Tony already analyzing the van's construction. It's been a couple months since she has seen him. "Hey, Tones!"