35. Together

"Help, help, fucking help!!!!" Aurora screams in panic as she and Clint run together through the most chaotic battle field she's ever been on, the gauntlet still in their possession. While the archer carries the Infinity Stones, the auburn-haired tries to cover him, shooting through the area at the Chitauri and sometimes throwing grenades. Clint has no idea where Aurora was hiding them, but they're at least useful until the Chitauri gorilla has decided to chase them, the explosives not helping.

"Cap! What do you want me to do with this damn thing??" He yells through the comm and sounds clearly stressed, sliding on the ground to dodge a shot.

"Get the Stones as far away as possible!" The Captain commands, but Bruce disagrees.

"No! We need to get them back where they came from."

Tony interjects, "No way to get them back, Thanos destroyed the quantum tunnel."

"Hold on!" Scott exclaims and shrinks back to his normal size, pressing his car keys. "That wasn't our only time machine."

As the loud, traditional Spanish folk song of Scott's van echoes through the war zone, Aurora is too busy to listen to the rest of the conversation and she activates her space helmet and jet boots again, diving right into the mess. With the help of her quad blasters, she somehow manages to keep Clint and herself safe while she watches over him and the gauntlet from above.

All of sudden, her enemies are shot down from behind her and Aurora frowns, turning around just to see Peter Quill flying close to her and shooting with his quad blasters at the Chitauri.

"PETER!" She squeals and jumps right at him, tackling them both down and they land roughly on the ground.

"Ow." He groans and sits up, glancing at his sister lying half on him and Ego's children both deactivate their space helmets. "Aurora, what the– "

Aurora pulls him into a turbulent hug and starts to cry in utter happiness, her chin lying on his shoulder as she is on her knees to reach Peter's height. His expression softens immediately and he places his arms around her, embracing her tightly. "I have missed you so freaking much, Peter! You're here, I can't believe it, you're here!"

"There's nothing in this world that could ever separate me from my sister again." He pulls back and smiles at her, stroking her hair. "Not even that purple grape with a hell of a chin."

"His chin really is awful." Aurora giggles slightly and eyes Peter properly, still processing that he's right in front of her. Their reunion has distracted them from the approaching Chitauri gorilla racing towards them and it's too late to do anything, so Peter just protectively engulfs her in his arms.

Before the monstrous creature can attack them though, a spear flies with full speed through the ape's head, killing it instantly. The mysterious green light around the shaft slowly vanishes and the gorilla drops dead to the ground, revealing the attacker behind him. Aurora's eyes widen as she slowly stands up, her heart beating– harsh and drum-alike. Also her brother is speechless and stares at their savior, getting back on his feet as well.

"You let your hair grow." Loki greets her with a burdened look in his emerald eyes, he doesn't know what else to say. His feelings are taking over him and he's close to trembling as he sees the last five years in Aurora's eyes. Almost anxiously, Loki takes a closer step towards the woman he loves, carefully reaching out for her. "Aurora..."

"Liar!" She pulls out her quad blaster and shoots at him, throwing him off and Peter's eyes go round.

"Since you handle this pretty well yourself, I'll just leave and say hi to Rocket." Her brother activates his jet boots and flies off, knowing better than staying around Aurora when she's mad. Stomping towards Loki, she glares at him and he still groans in pain, his hands pressed against his aching stomach.