36. One Last Fight

A/N- I know the music is from Game of Thrones, but it gives me chills and I thought it would fit to the second half of this chapter. Enjoy.

"I doubt I'm capable of holding this any longer." Loki hisses through clenched teeth, the green light above them begins to glimmer weakly as his strength decreases. All of sudden, a strong laser beam hits Loki's protection spell and it cracks, sending the sorcerer harshly to the ground. Aurora glances worriedly at him and she deactivates her space helmet, kneeling down to help him sit up.

"You okay??" She asks and he nods weakly, too exhausted to form any comprehensive sentences. As another shot comes flying down at them, Eve covers the three and the electricity dances around her body, she's ready for the following blow. Before it meets them though, a golden force field suddenly appears above them and protects them from the attack.

Glancing to her right, Eve spots Stephen Strange helping them, much to Loki's dislike, and she quickly informs the others to leave. "We have to stay on the move and look for cover. Be careful."

They actually listen to her and the golden force field dissolves, Eve jogs over to Stephen while Bucky is sent to help out Steve. Strange and her were never actually friends, but at least they're close allies. "Welcome back."

"Thanks." He greets her back, nodding respectfully at her. There is an odd burden in his icy blue eyes, a hidden sadness that Eve can't explain. Why is there so much tragedy in his expression?

"You alright?"

Stephen Strange is surprised to find her worried and for the first time, he doesn't act too distanced. "I'm good."

"Uh, is anyone else seeing this??" Pepper asks worriedly on comm and they glance at the lake, witnessing how an explosion has destroyed the dam. The water starts to flood into the area, but Strange takes quickly care of it and holds the gigantic waves back with the help of the yellow force. Eve realizes that she's not much of a help here, so she decides to look for the gauntlet.

"Good luck, Strange. Wanda, can you help him?" Eve asks on comm and barely a minute passes until Wanda shows up. She and Strange share a knowing glance before they hold the flood back together. "Well done. Steve, who has the glove?"

"Queens has it." He responds, panting as he is occupied with the fight. Eve looks up at the sky and finds Peter on the back of Valkyrie's Pegasus, they fly together to the van.

"Okay, got it." Eve begins to follow them, running as fast as possible. With widened eyes, she witnesses how an explosion throws off the horse and they lose their balance, Peter falls with gauntlet. Another shot blows him away and he's curling anxiously up, being nothing more than a boy in a war. "Peter!! Stay down, I'm coming!"

The warship is firing incessantly and Eve is almost hit, hurled into the ground and she groans. The base keeps shaking as it's hit by the explosions, smoke and dust blinding her view. She activates the nanotech on her gauntlets to cover her head better, still searching for Peter since she lost him somewhere, until the war zone suddenly grows silent. In confusion, Eve looks up and sees how the warship now fires at the sky.

"What the hell is this?!" Sam yells on comm, flying up himself.

"FRIDAY, what are they firing at?" Tony asks his A.I., staring gravely at the sky.

"Something just entered the upper atmosphere."

A big light comes racing down, looking like a blazing comet, and it crashes right through Thanos' ship to destroy it. As the light flies up, it emerges to the one and only Carol Danvers who glares down at the battle. The warship crashes right into the lake and is nothing more than ruins on fire now, falling apart into pieces. Rocket cheers in joy, now happy that Captain Marvel is there.