Acknowledgments & Trivia

I'm fucking emotional, but yeah, this is it. It's the end of the journey, and hell, what a wild and emotional journey it was, am I right?

These books, Eve's and Aurora's story, mean so freaking much to me. I love them both so damn much, even if one of them died. And you guys, you are crazy. You supported me, voted, left wonderful comments, freaked out with me and this means the world to me. You guys stayed till the end of the line and for that, I will be forever grateful.

Before I start with some facts, I have to ask you TO NOT SPOILER. Don't mention Eve's death or Loki's return in any of the previous chapters before they actually happen, especially not in the solo books. I gain new readers every day, so don't ruin it for them, it wouldn't be fair. Every spoiler comment or even reaction will be deleted. Even if this book is several years old, don't comment spoilers anywhere, thanks.

So, let's continue with some facts/explanations/author commentary!

(1) First off, Eve's death. Not gonna lie, I've always intended to kill her off. And first, I was unsure if I should really do it in the way I did it since it was a big moment for Tony in the MCU, but after several days of planning the story, I decided to let her die in this way.

(2) Eve's last words to Thanos ("Voltricity couldn't, but I can.") are supposed to reflect her self-acceptance. She finally sees herself as a hero, not just the title/name that she received. Also, they have similar vibes to Chapter 52 in TMBTTS when she kills Alexander Pierce ("You're right. Voltricity is a hero. But Eve Farrell isn't."). She found closure with her mother, and Howard. She spent the five years with doing nothing but good things. She is worthy. She saw Bucky and the others again. Her character arc is completed.

(3) Aurora was never supposed to die. It would've been so weird to kill her off, it would feel like I'd only do it for the shock value, and I don't like this. That's like killing off Thor for no reason but to shock the audience. And that's just stupid.

(4) I changed Steve's ending as you can see. I didn't like his ending in Endgame AT ALL, it was entirely out of character. I used to love Steggy, but Marvel reduced both characters to love interests in Endgame. Peggy moved on from Steve in Agent Carter and Steve finally moved on in Civil War, so why bringing her back? In this story, Steve finds his happiness in the modern world with his friends and family now. Besides, he swore on newspaper and stolen apples to never leave Eve again and he keeps his promise. He stays in the time and place of her grave.

(5) Aurora and Loki are happy now. They got married eventually and are still traveling together, sometimes with the Guardians. I didn't write their wedding because I don't want to end every couple I write with a wedding, it's too corny. Though you should know that Thor was Loki's best man and Valkyrie was Aurora's maid of honor. Peter walked her down the aisle.

(6) Thor's character was horribly reduced to a joke in Endgame. I don't mind him being "fat", it's actually a realistic representation of how some people go through depression and Thor has been through a lot. That's why, I didn't change that in this story. I changed a few moments and his ending because Thor wouldn't leave his people just like that. And it shows that Thor got through his depression, got stronger and that he evolved more.

(7) Eve's reaction to traveling back to Brooklyn is actually inspired by the comic Captain America: Man Out of Time. The plot is about Steve who is sent back to V-Day after the Allies won in Europe and he's first happy to be back, but he eventually realizes how much the nostalgia has romanticized the awful reality of his time. Sexism and racism were much worse, medicine and technology weren't advanced and there's no fight, no war anymore. Eventually, he feels like an outsider in his own time and just wants to go back. Of course, Eve couldn't realize that much in such a short amount of time, but yeah, that's why she didn't feel like home when she was there.

(8) I almost sent Steve and Eve to Vormir, but then I realized I didn't want to put you guys through too much pain. I also wanted her to see Howard again, so no Vormir. But just for the record, Steve would've been the one to sacrifice himself as he was feeling guilty for abandoning her for years. Even now, he still is.

(9) The Spider-Man: Far From Home plot is none of my concern for this storyline since this universe of mine is different from the MCU. Tony probably just stays Peter's mentor but is more in the background in this one. If you want the FFH plot in a fanfic though, you'd have to be a bit patient ;) I'll post an announcement on my message board when it's time!

(10) I've always wanted Sam to be the next Captain America and I was so freaking happy when they actually did it in the MCU. Bucky just wants peace after years of torture, let him rest. Sam also represents Captain America's values and morals more than Bucky.

(11) The original Avengers probably meet up twice a year, around Christmas and when it's the anniversary of death of Eve and Natasha. And sometimes, simply for a BBQ.

(12) Wanda helps Clint with Anya since he is like a father figure to her as well. Steve and Bucky often like to join.

(13) I won't write GOTG Vol. 3 because it's the end for Aurora in my opinion. Her story is over and now she's visiting the stars with the people she loves.

(14) I absolutely adored Eve's relationships with the Starks, a friendship lasting longer than a generation. Howard was her partner, they teased and trusted each other. Tony... boy, I can't define her and Tony's relationship because it's so much deeper than words could ever express. They're more than friends and family but less than soulmates.

(15) Aurora has occasionally still nightmares about what happened on the Statesman. She wakes up screaming, but Loki is right next to her and calms her down every time, assuring her that he's there. It's his turn now to take care of her after having a nightmare.

(16) Why Bucky didn't act like Pepper to Tony's death when Eve died? Well, Pepper was able to be strong, to pull herself together because she and Tony lived the five years happily together, got the life they wanted, and had a lovely daughter. Eve and Bucky just could live together as a married couple for two years, so in the end, they still had unfinished things left and couldn't live the happy life they wanted. Bucky will eventually get happy again, but he'll never stop loving or missing his canary.

It feels like the end of an era. First, with the MCU as we have known it and now with my stories. But everything comes to an end eventually, that's why endings are always sad.

I want to thank you guys for everything. Truly, it's been an emotional ride, but I don't regret it.

I love you 3000, or in this case, 104.