2. Strange After All

E N G L A N D

Two Days Earlier

It had been two days since Eve had seen Jane and so far, there'd been nothing on the news about any spotted fugitives, which meant everyone was safe for now. Trusting Jane was a good decision. The sea breeze lashed Eve's face, the cold hurting her ears but she didn't mind. It was nothing compared to the snow in Norway. Looking down at the waves of the sea beneath her, her grip around the railing tightened as she thought of the others again.

She hoped Wanda would be alright since the Sokovian girl, Bucky, and Eve herself were the most wanted people due to their threat level, but she was almost certain that Vision would protect Wanda well. Eve glanced at her necklace where her wedding ring was. Wearing the ring would've been too dangerous, but she couldn't throw it away. It was her only connection to Bucky left. Bucky... I miss you.

There were barely any people on the roof of the ship, most of them stayed inside to avoid the terrible autumn weather outside. In seven days, Eve would arrive in New York, then she would have to find Doctor Strange. It was her only chance to reach Thor and hopefully, her powers would remain until then. The electricity was her reward for bearing the pain during the super-soldier experiment and a gift from not only a god but also partly Howard Stark. She couldn't lose it.

Eve once again looked down at her hands which were numb from the cold. With a little fear in her heart, she tried to produce electricity but only a sibilance arose, not even a glimpse of the blue familiar light appearing. Her breath quickened and she tried not to panic, disappointment invaded her chest. This is it?

Suddenly, her chest tightened as if it was hit by lightning, although there was absolutely nothing. She felt a violent fire within her, but not a painful heat, more like an electric explosion. The warmth ran through her veins, spreading through her whole body and Eve's green eyes widened in shock, not sure of what was going on. "What's happening??"

Within the blink of an eye, the prickling under her skin burst immensely and all of sudden, her whole body was producing electric power, not just her hands. Lightning and electricity danced around her, her black hair hovered in the air and the blue light drilled its way into her eyes. Eve had never felt so powerful and yet, completely out of control. It felt like the electricity within her was reborn and was stronger than ever, almost too strong for a human body to bear. If it wasn't for the super-soldier serum, she would be dead for sure now.

People were screaming behind her, panicking as she turned around, lost and helpless, without a plan. They had recognized her. She got caught and spotted. And now, Eve looked like the ultimate threat, but she couldn't stop it. She couldn't control her electricity. What the hell was wrong with her?

"It's– It's Voltricity! Call the police, no, the United Nations!"

"Please, don't hurt us... the Sokovia Accords are not our fault, we just want safety."

"Don't you dare attack us or we'll return the favor!"

More and more people ran outside, having heard the loud disturbance that Eve caused. She slightly panted and took a step back towards the railing, trying to increase the distance between her and the people on the ship. The crew had already been gathered on the roof, one of them calling the United Nations or the government while the other seemed to want to approach and seize her.

"Don't come closer. Stay away from me." Voltricity tried to get away from them, not only feeling like a trapped animal in the zoo because everyone was taking picture of her or staring at her but also because Eve felt like a ticking bomb. She didn't want to hurt anyone. Why did this have to happen now? Couldn't it happen when she was with Jane? Was this Thor's sign?