10. Reunited

N E W  Y O R K

Everyone is assembled in the common room and Eve would usually look around to notice the changes and differences since the last time she's been here but there's literally no time for this. Her mind is troubled with the next end-of-the-world scenario and Tony who is doing what he's not supposed to be doing alone: facing the threat. It feels wrong that they don't fight this enemy together and the chance of winning is ridiculously low. She needs all the Avengers back together because the lack of confidence and security starts to become a problem.

"So we gotta assume they're coming back, right?" Rhodey asks as the rest of the team tries to come up with a plan. And that's what makes Eve even more nervous. They don't have a proper plan.

"And they can clearly find us." Wanda adds with a voice as equally worried as Eve. She thinks back to the New York battle and attempts to remember any important details.

"They called themselves the Children of Thanos, I think. And now they have three Infinity Stones already if Tony fails." Eve hates to picture Tony being out there in space, even with a kid on board which will definitely stress him even more. "They're more advanced and stronger. We need some advantages."

"We need all hands on deck." Bruce nods in agreement and glances at Natasha. "Where's Clint?"

"He's occupied with something else, I'll explain it later." Natasha seems to want to avoid this topic and Eve narrows her eyes, finding this really odd. The last time Clint contacted her was in Norway but ever since he's been silent. Also when he helped the fugitives throughout the years, he sometimes just left for weeks without telling anyone where he had gone. It's more than obvious that Natasha and Clint are hiding something. "And after the Accords, Scott took a deal since he helped Hank Pym and Hope Van Dyne to hide. It was too tough on his family and he's on house arrest."

"Who's Scott?" The scientist wants to know while Eve can't believe that something like house arrest can stop Scott Lang from saving the universe.

"Ant-Man." Steve enlightens him and Bruce lifts a brow in surprise.

"There's an Ant-Man and Spider-Man??" He can't believe how much he missed while he was on Sakaar.

"Yeah, he helped us to defeat Hydra. He's actually... quirky but good." Eve sums it up shortly and Bruce shakes his head, returning to the problem.

"Okay, look. Thanos has the biggest army in the universe and he is not gonna stop until he gets..." He pauses in discomfort while his eyes land on the robot with concern, not knowing how to deliver this message in a comfortable and gentle way, "... Vision's stone."

"Then we have to protect it." Natasha shrugs and Eve almost scoffs at how simply the spy suggests this basically impossible solution.

"Easier said than done." Eve stops leaning against the shelf and walks closer to the others. "We only fought against two of Thanos' children, two. It was five against them, two of us were even wizards, and yet they managed to escape with the Time Stone. Either we get a hell of an army as soon as possible now or we quickly find another solution for what to do with this Mind Stone."

"I have one. We have to destroy it." Vision's firm voice catches everyone's attention. That's not what Eve meant with another solution. "I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head. About its nature but also its composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source, something very similar to its own signature perhaps, its molecular integrity could fail."