15. The End Game

W A K A N D A

"Who's with Vision right now??" Eve yells through the earpiece as her electrified fist meets the Outrider's face. Panting and slightly out of breath, she proceeds to fight while Thor flies through the air, killing many aliens from there. She was shortly distracted when she saw Wanda fighting against Proxima Midnight, worried about her dear friend until the Scarlet Witch got back up thanks to Natasha, Okoye, and Aurora.

"I think Bruce and Steve went!" Sam answers until his connection is weakened through the attack of an Outrider.

"Bruce? You copy?" She asks but the scientist responds negatively to her disappointment.

"Sorry, was busy with the beast, the Hulkbuster is as good as damaged." He sighs, still conflicted with the whole Hulk situation. Eve frowns in distress and the concern in her grows because this means that Steve is fighting alone against Corvus Glaive.

"Bucky, let's go!" She commands and her husband follows her through the battle field until he suddenly pauses. The lack of the echo of his steps makes Eve turn around to see how he's staring at Sam, mentally struggling to either help Steve or Sam. "I'll take care of Steve, I can do it on my own. Just come afterwards, okay?"

With relief, Bucky nods before he runs off to Sam. "Alright, be careful."

Eve then races as fast as possible to the forest section of Wakanda, it doesn't take her long to find their location since Vision's red color is eye-catching in the bright green. The android is lying injured on the ground, appearing extremely exhausted. Before she can help him, she spots Corvus Glaive hovering over Steve next to the trunk, choking the blond soldier close to death. Picking up her pace, she runs to them, the electricity igniting around her body.

"Hands off my best friend." Eve gives him a deadly glare and he turns around while her hands are placed on his back. Within a second, electricity shoots through every fiber of his body and the torrid burn immediately kills him on the impact. As he drops dead to the side, Eve offers Steve her hand, relieved that he only has some bloody scratches. When he's on his feet again, she pulls him into a hug. "I'm glad you're okay."

"What? You think I'm gonna die that easily?" Steve teasingly jokes and notices her tension, pulling back to look at her. "Hey, I'm really fine, what's wrong?"

"Why isn't Tony back yet?" Eve mentions their long lost friend and presses her lips together. "Even Thor is here but still not Tony. What if we haven't succeeded?"

"Mrs. Barnes is right." Vision speaks up and both soldier glance at him, Steve helps him to lean against the tree trunk. The robot is pointing at the yellow gem in his forehead that is glowing brightly. "The Stone... it's warning me. It's time."

"What?" Eve's heart drops to her toes and she shakes strongly her head. "But Tony and Strange were gonna protect the Time Stone. And Thanos wouldn't come without it. This doesn't make sense."

"Unless he has it." Steve says with a heavy voice and glances at the sky. He hasn't noticed until now how the Outrider army has rapidly decreased, returning to their ships to leave. While Thor takes care of it, Wanda joins them, landing with the help of her powers on the ground.

"Are you okay?" She asks Vision worriedly and he pulls a pained expression, the Mind Stone glowing much stronger this time. This only strengthens Eve's bad feeling and her stomach twists at the thought of a dead Tony Stark. Her hands are trembling and her chest suddenly feels incredibly heavy like lead. "What? What is it?"