14. A new Hope

W A K A N D A

Eve does her best to overcome her fatigue and keeps fighting, producing another electrical shock wave as she chases Cull Obsidian. His axe comes flying towards her right now and she intends to dodge it but the time is too short. Fortunately, T'Challa helps her and his suit releases kinetic energy that throws the axe back. Before she can even sigh in relief though, another pack of Outriders jump on her and start attacking her violently. The teeth of the creatures scrape against her gauntlets and she really has to suppress a panicked scream. Taking a deep breath, her crossed arms over her chest open up to shoot electricity at the aliens.

The soldier stands up and looks around. The battle field is drowning in chaos like a deadly war zone and the fight doesn't seem to die down. Only more and more Outriders are entering Wakanda, eager to get Vision's stone. Eve spots Bucky on the ground, seeing how an alien is above him, close to eating him alive. "Bucky!"

She runs towards him as she attacks the monster at the same time. While Bucky has tried to stab it, the thing gets hit by Eve's powerful beam and is thrown off her husband. Panting, Bucky gets up again and nods at her with gratitude, not having the time to do more, before he continues to fight.

"There's too many of 'em!" Bruce shouts on the comm, his scream then follows and Eve turns around to see how dozens of Outriders are taking him down. Before she can help him, she spots T'Challa getting beaten up by several creatures and Steve being way too close to an Outrider's mouth. Eve has no idea who to help first and in the next moment, Cull Obsidian's axe throws her down again.

Rolling off the ground, her head hits a stone and she lands on her stomach, groaning in pain. There's a bloody scratch on her forehead now and Eve coughs as she lies weakly on soil, trying to get up again. Every fiber of her body drags her down in fatigue and she looks around at her surroundings. The fight never seems to end and is becoming a hopeless case. They need more powerful people on the field but Wanda is up there to protect Vision and Eve is only feeling worn out. She hears Cull Obsidian's heavy steps coming towards her and mentally forces herself to stand up again, although she knows that her chances are low. How are they supposed to win this?

I won't die lying on the ground, she refuses stubbornly and gets on her feet like a soldier, slightly trembling. With clenched teeth, she pants heavily to keep her balance and she glares at the beast in front of her, ready to fight against him. Before anything can happen though, Eve suddenly feels a prickling in her nerves. It's like she's producing electricity but different. Stronger. Foreign, yet familiar.

Frowning, she looks up to the sky, seeing how a bright beam hits the ground forcefully and gains everyone's attention. Out of the colorful ray, an electrical axe swings its way through the Outrider army, killing each of them and saving the Avengers. Eve's eyes widen and her heart races in excitement because she knows exactly whose electricity it is. Bruce and she were right. A hopeful smile graces her lips when the Bifrost reveals the identities of the arrivers– Thor, a raccoon, a tree and an auburn-haired woman.

"You guys are so screwed now!" Bruce laughs in malicious joy, he's never been so relieved in his entire life. Aurora and Thor are alive and now his guilt vanishes into the air. Suddenly, Eve's exhaustion is gone, as if her powers are finally completed now and Cull Obsidian moves away, intimidated by Thor's might.

"Bring me Thanos!" Thor yells in anger and runs forward, his friends following him with a united battle cry. As he leaps up, the God of Thunder's eyes glow in the bright blue and the clouds around him darken to summon lightning and thunder. Thor hits the ground with his powerful weapon and an enormous electrical impulse is released, much bigger and stronger than Eve's. The Outriders die around him and Eve stares with fascination and happiness at her friend.