3. Undying Fidelity

S P A C E

"You talk too much." Thor grunts in contempt at Thanos who is holding his head violently. Thick blood runs down Thor's lips and he glances at Aurora, not all too taken aback about her presence. Yet, he did have hope that she would have escaped with Valkyrie and the others. For her own sake.

Thanos ignores Thor's disrespect, focusing on Aurora instead. The auburn-haired girl is for once filled with pure fear, fear of how this will end but not of Thanos. She doesn't allow herself to feel anything that could satisfy the Mad Titan. Aurora's concern grows about Loki though, she knows that Thanos would love to rip off her beloved one's head for his failure years ago. She wants to defend him so badly, but Ebony Maw's metal bonds are close to crushing her.

"The Tesseract," Thanos demands while his eyes are still attached to Aurora. "Keep your word. The Infinity Stone for Ego's daughter. Unless you have changed your mind."

Aurora's eyes widen in shock and just now she realizes what has happened in the past month. Thanos controlled him, used him to hurt her to regain Loki's obedience. Loki just broke her heart to save her– and this makes Aurora tear up even more. She's been mad at him this whole time and it hasn't even been his fault. The two have been played by Thanos, only used as figures for his insane game. The Mad Titan has caused so much harm and pain to them.

"I would like to bargain for more than just her life. It barely equals the mighty stone." Loki attempts to play down Aurora's value, protecting her life as best as he can.

"You think you are in the position to bargain?" Thanos almost scoffs and his look lands on Thor. "All right, then let's just make the settlement more entertaining to raise the tension, shall we? The Tesseract or your brother's head and Ego's daughter's life. I assume you have a preference."

"Oh, I do." Hoping that Thor could bear the Infinity Stone's force, a torture Loki is familiar with, Loki challenges the enemy. "Kill away."

Thanos is first surprised, he was so sure that Thor and Aurora would be Loki's weakness, but he nonetheless continues his threat. Setting the gauntlet on Thor's temple, Thanos uses its power to crush Thor's head and the King of Asgard starts screaming in complete agony, the pressure unbearable for him. While Loki's facade remains strong, Aurora cries out loud.

"Stop it!! Stop hurting him! Thor!" The words are not comprehensive though, only leaving her mouth muffled and on Thanos' sign, Ebony Maw tightens the metal bonds. A gasp slips through Aurora's lips and she groans in pain into the metal, her body trembling at the pressure and lack of oxygen. Only then, Loki's mask breaks and the concern seeps through. Thor and Aurora's pain are too much.

"All right, stop!" He yells with a hint of desperation. Both, Thanos and Ebony Maw, smirk in satisfaction at his surrender and end the suffering. Thor pants heavily, his mind still processing the dreadful pain while Aurora gasps for air, the metal mouth cover making it more difficult.

"We don't have the Tesseract. It was destroyed on Asgard." Thor spits blood and his head is dizzy. As Loki gives in, he raises his hand and reveals the Tesseract, it's been conjured by his sorcery. Quite disappointed, Thor glares at the man he calls family. "You really are the worst, brother."

Loki glances down at Thor, aware of his flawed decisions. "I assure you, brother. The sun will shine on us again."

"Your optimism is misplaced, Asgardian." Thanos just comments and is about to snatch the Tesseract but Loki hesitates.

"Well, for one thing, I'm not Asgardian." A half smirk appears on Loki's face and the confidence in his emerald eyes is rising. Aurora's hopes get high and the tears on her face dry out. "And for another, we have a Hulk."