18. Inevitable

"Hey," Natasha stops Carol from walking farther away and the blonde turns around. "You know, we usually work as a team here and uh... Between you and I, moral's a little fragile."

"We realize up there is more your territory, but this is our fight, too." Steve reminds her and Eve glances at the foreign woman. She appears confident and determined and strong, something they could need right now.

"What Steve's saying is that we will go with you. I've been training nonstop since everyone disappeared and I'm more than ready to kill this monster." Eve announces and Carol nods at her in approval, assuming that the black-haired is stronger than she might seem. "We just have to find out where he is."

"I know people who might know." Carol says and Nebula's voice echoes through the room.

"Don't bother." Everyone turns around to Thanos' daughter. "I can tell you where Thanos is."

"Didn't Aurora want to work on that?" Eve lifts a brow.

"She did, but it would only confirm my assumption." She states and without any further interruptions, they follow her back to the conference room. There, Rocket and Aurora look up when everyone enters the room, stopping their work. "Did you find it?"

Both Guardians nod and Nebula sounds rough and distant when she begins to let everyone in on. "Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me and when he worked, he talked about his great plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd asked where would we go once his plan was complete. His answer was always the same: To the Garden."

"That's cute. Thanos has retirement plans." Rhodey comments sarcastically and Eve scoffs.

"Hopefully, soon funeral plans as well."

"So, where is he?" Steve walks around the table to take a better look at the hologram that Rocket and Aurora activate. The planet Terra is projected and helps to visualize their explanation.

"When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became Ground Zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it until two days ago." The raccoon explains and Aurora moves from planet Earth to Planet 0257-5 with a swift hand move.

"With the help of our device, we could expand the space territory for the scans and found the exact same amount of cosmic energy on this planet." Aurora declares and shows how a yellow planet releases a colorful impulse, just like the Infinity Stones did on Terra.

"Thanos is there." Nebula confirms without doubt and Natasha stares in astonishment at the projection.

"He used the Stones again."

"We'd be going in short-handed, you know." Bruce reminds them, thinking it's ridiculously risky to go against Thanos without more help.

Rhodey sighs, "Look, he's still got the Stones, so– "

"So, let's get him." Carol decides, cutting him off. "We use them to bring everyone back."

"Just like that?" Bruce lifts a brow. It's easier said than done, they already lost once against Thanos, Thor and Bruce even twice.

"Yeah. Just like that." Steve's voice becomes firm and Carol nods in agreement with him. He shoots her a meaningful look as the two Captains just want to finish this mission as soon as possible to bring their loved ones back.